- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Yamaha SV-250 Electric Violin
Shaded Brown 4/4
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- H84823 000001001 H84823000001001
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The SV250 is designed to meet the needs of the professional and high class amateur performer wanting amplified violin sound for all sorts of music. T...Click To Read More About This Product
A pro-level electric violin.
The SV250 is designed to meet the needs of the professional and high class amateur performer wanting amplified violin sound for all sorts of music. This violin establishes a new benchmark for sound quality and player comfort. With its weight of only around 500g it has the same weight like a traditional acoustic violin. The violinist can easily convert from his current acoustic to our new Silent Violin.
The innovative dual pick up system allows the performer to a blend the tone quality from edgy electric to a rich acoustic sound. The external control box contains a powerful pre-amp, master volume control, treble and bass tone controls, as well as quarter inch and XLR balanced outputs. Both models are crafted from seasoned flamed maple, spruce top and fit with ebony pegs, fingerboard.
Two Pickup Types Add Up to Expressive Freedom
Yamaha’s acclaimed body pickup faithfully captures the rich resonance of the instrument’s entire body, as well as vibrato and other performance nuances.A second newly developed bridge pickup directly captures string vibration so that attack and bowing subtleties are accurately reproduced as well. A pickup blend control allows optimum balance between pickups.
Dedicated Control Box Offers Easy Control and Connectivity
The dedicated control box offers easily accessible volume and two-band tone control, clipped to the player’s belt or to another convenient location. It also features a headphone monitor output with independent volume control. In addition to a line out jack that’s suitable for sending the SILENT Violin signal to an amplifier or effect unit, a balanced XLR type output is provided for direct, high-quality connection to professional sound reinforcement and recording equipment.
New Body Design Achieves Natural Sound and Playability
The “Acoustic Hollow Body Design” so highly regarded in the SVC110 SILENT Cello and SLB200 SILENT Bass has been adapted and optimized for refined violin sound and playability in the SV250. The result is a deep resonance that is remarkably close to acoustic violins in quality, as well as a familiar, intimate playing feel.An exquisite shaded finish brings out the beauty of the natural wood grain.
Acoustic Violin Weight and Balance
At 500 grams, the 4-string SV250 is about the same weight as many of their acoustic counterparts. Furthermore, the tailpiece, neck, and tuning pegs on both models are exactly the same as those used on acoustic violins. Precision construction and meticulous attention to every detail mean total satisfaction for the most discerning player. Most standard shoulder rests can be used.
- Body design: hollow resonating chamber
- Spruce top/flamed Maple back
- Double pickups: bridge pickup, body pickup & ‘blend’
- Control Box with input, output & XLR balance, phones
- Volume, treble/bass, phones volume control
- Shaded brown finish
Ppgrade to the top. Order today.
- Type: 4-string
- Instrument Size: 4/4
- Neck: Maple
- Body: Spruce top, Maple back
- Fingerboard/ Pegs: Ebony
- Bridge: Maple (Aubert), with VNP1 pickup
- Side Body/ Chin Rest/ Tailpiece: Molded plastic
- Tuning Adjusters: Wittner Ultra
- Strings: D'Addario Zyex
- Sensor: Bridge Pickup: Yamaha, Body Pickup: Piezo
- Electronic controls: Treble & Bass control
- In/Out Jacks: 1/4" jack, 1/8" headphone jack, XLR balance jack
- Power supply: AA Size 1.5V battery 2pcs. or AC adapter (PA-3C) or Phantom 28-48V
- Body color options: Natural maple finish
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.