Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Yamaha SV-250 Electric Violin Shaded Brown 4/4true true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
A pro-level electric violin.
The innovative dual pick up system allows the performer to a blend the tone quality from edgy electric to a rich acoustic sound. The external control box contains a powerful pre-amp, master volume control, treble and bass tone controls, as well as quarter inch and XLR balanced outputs. Both models are crafted from seasoned flamed maple, spruce top and fit with ebony pegs, fingerboard.
Two Pickup Types Add Up to Expressive Freedom
Yamaha’s acclaimed body pickup faithfully captures the rich resonance of the instrument’s entire body, as well as vibrato and other performance nuances.A second newly developed bridge pickup directly captures string vibration so that attack and bowing subtleties are accurately reproduced as well. A pickup blend control allows optimum balance between pickups.
Dedicated Control Box Offers Easy Control and Connectivity
The dedicated control box offers easily accessible volume and two-band tone control, clipped to the player’s belt or to another convenient location. It also features a headphone monitor output with independent volume control. In addition to a line out jack that’s suitable for sending the SILENT Violin signal to an amplifier or effect unit, a balanced XLR type output is provided for direct, high-quality connection to professional sound reinforcement and recording equipment.
New Body Design Achieves Natural Sound and Playability
The “Acoustic Hollow Body Design” so highly regarded in the SVC110 SILENT Cello and SLB200 SILENT Bass has been adapted and optimized for refined violin sound and playability in the SV250. The result is a deep resonance that is remarkably close to acoustic violins in quality, as well as a familiar, intimate playing feel.An exquisite shaded finish brings out the beauty of the natural wood grain.
Acoustic Violin Weight and Balance
At 500 grams, the 4-string SV250 is about the same weight as many of their acoustic counterparts. Furthermore, the tailpiece, neck, and tuning pegs on both models are exactly the same as those used on acoustic violins. Precision construction and meticulous attention to every detail mean total satisfaction for the most discerning player. Most standard shoulder rests can be used.
- Body design: hollow resonating chamber
- Spruce top/flamed Maple back
- Double pickups: bridge pickup, body pickup & ‘blend’
- Control Box with input, output & XLR balance, phones
- Volume, treble/bass, phones volume control
- Shaded brown finish
Ppgrade to the top. Order today.
SV-250 Electric Violin Specifications:
- Type: 4-string
- Instrument Size: 4/4
- Neck: Maple
- Body: Spruce top, Maple back
- Fingerboard/ Pegs: Ebony
- Bridge: Maple (Aubert), with VNP1 pickup
- Side Body/ Chin Rest/ Tailpiece: Molded plastic
- Tuning Adjusters: Wittner Ultra
- Strings: D'Addario Zyex
- Sensor: Bridge Pickup: Yamaha, Body Pickup: Piezo
- Electronic controls: Treble & Bass control
- In/Out Jacks: 1/4" jack, 1/8" headphone jack, XLR balance jack
- Power supply: AA Size 1.5V battery 2pcs. or AC adapter (PA-3C) or Phantom 28-48V
- Body color options: Natural maple finish
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.