- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Ableton Live 4.0 Real-Time Music Production Suite
- Write a Review
- Product 703604
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Ableton Live 4 is the revolutionary music production solution that allows you to spontaneously compose, record, remix, improvise, and edit your music...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Blurs the distinction between stage and studio.
Ableton Live 4 is the revolutionary music production solution that allows you to spontaneously compose, record, remix, improvise, and edit your musical ideas in a seamless audio/MIDI environment. Live brings your acoustic, electronic, and virtual instruments as well as your digital audio recordings and MIDI sequences together in a single interface with unparalleled ease of use. In short, Live lets you focus on what really matters: your music.
Live's award-winning elastic audio sequencing lets you record, import, arrange, and process multiple audio clips and loops into complete songs regardless of their pitch or tempo, all in real time while the music continues. You can even change tempo and pitch of audio independently after the fact and clip envelopes create endless loop variations. Of course, you can also integrate linear tape-style recording along with your loops. With Live 4, Ableton's unique approach to music production extends to a new paradigm in MIDI sequencing and manipulation as well, complete with virtual instruments. As simple to use as it is powerful, Live 4 is a completely unique musical tool.
- Completely realtime audio/MIDI production: compose, record, arrange and mix without ever hitting the Stop button
- Integrate audio clips of different tempos and pitches into new compositions
- Change tempo and pitch of your composition independently at any time
- Clip envelopes allow endless variations on loops
- Proprietary time-stretching algorithms yield exceptional flexibility and fidelity
- Optionally quantize your audio Recordings/performances in real time
- Edit all aspects of a performance to perfection after the fact
- Privately audition candidate audio from disk while the main mix continues
- DJ-like crossfading
- Record unlimited takes on unlimited tracks
- Great built-in effects complete with automation
- Includes virtual instruments
- Simple interface for fluid creativity
- Expandable via VST and Rewire support
- Direct I/O
- Sound Manager
- 600MHz CPU or faster
- 256MB RAM
- Windows 98/2000/XP
- Windows-compatible soundcard
- G3 or faster w/ 256MB RAM
- OS 9.2 or later; Mac OS X.1.5 or later
Reviewed by 3 customers
Displaying reviews 1-3
I absolutly love how easy to use this product is without sacraficing quality. The "session" view makes an almost perfect sketch pad for creating parts of the song in real time AND is perfect for jamming a finished song out in a live performance. The built in effects are much better than I expected and supports all my vst soft synth/fx as well... The only thing ableton is missing is a more comprehensive mixing solution to tweak the final mix... however, having a second sequencer like logic or whatever would be the ideal set up for studio.
I have worked with several different sequencers for both mac and pc. The first night I loaded this on my pc, I spent four hours making the most music i've ever made at once. If you already have Live 3, upgrading is a no brainer
Ableton Live is a great program for a guitarist, drummer, vocalist, any musician or hobbyist. I used this on a 15" Powewrbook G4 on mac OSX and it ran beatifully. The sound was crisp, fresh and very warm sounding. If you are a beginner at recording this program will be very hard to learn.