- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Akai Professional DPS24 MKII Digital Personal Studio
- Write a Review
- Product 249550
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Tired of having your computer slam on your brakes with RAM shortages or CPU overload? It's time to get back to the reliability of a dedicated hardwar...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
24-track 24-bit linear professional hardware workstation offers easy expansion and communication with other systems.
Tired of having your computer slam on your brakes with RAM shortages or CPU overload? It's time to get back to the reliability of a dedicated hardware studio environment. The best sounding integrated system in price range, the Akai Professional DPS24 MKII Digital Personal Studio combines a 24-track 24-bit hard disk recorder/editor, a 46-channel automated digital mixer with a complete studio monitoring section, 4 stereo effects processors with FX library, a programmable patchbay and a mastering suite with built-in CD-RW drive, in one extremely powerful desktop unit. The DPS24 MKII adds 5.1 surround mixing to its already impressive list of features.
With its generous complement of dedicated keys, rotary encoders, and motorized faders, the DPS24 MKII's tactile user interface provides direct access to all commonly used functions, without requiring that you cursor your way through endless menus and peer at countless LCD pages just to make some small but significant adjustment.
The DPS24 MKII offers extensive and expandable connectivity: numerous analog I/Os using high-quality AD/DA converters, multiple digital I/Os, word clock, MIDI, USB, and even SCSI and SMPTE options.
Its custom real-time multitasking operating system and dedicated hardware saves you from the headaches of computer-based configurations, conflicts and crashes. Ease-of-use and reliability are the keys of the DPS24 MKII.
However, the DPS24 MKII also communicates very well with computer systems: complete audio import/export features are included, using standard Data CD and Hard disk formats, and the free akSys TrackView software allows you to view your projects on a large monitor, see waveforms scrolling across the screen and see detailed metering with a simple USB connection to your PC. The display also shows timecode, edit points and locate markers, track names/status and more. The free akSysServer utility can also be used to transfer files to/from your DPS24 MKII and PC via USB.
The DPS24 MKII is comparable to a component system, but in a box. For instance, the recorder/editor offers as many track keys as physical tracks (i.e. 24) and you can seamlessly punch-in/out individual tracks on-the-fly. It features sample accurate editing with sample accurate waveform display and analog-like multitrack audio scrubbing thanks to its dedicated jog/shuttle wheel, including varispeed and reverse playback. Both nondestructive copy/paste editing and off-line DSP functions such as timestretch and pitchshift are provided.
As another example, the digital mixer uses professional 100mm touch-sensitive motorized faders for easy and accurate control of the dynamic automation, which supports overwrite, auto-drop, return and trim modes.
Apart from the obvious requirements you would expect from a digital studio (but so rarely get!), it's the small details that also make the DPS24 MKII unique in its field. Things like MAIN/NEARFIELD and MONO monitoring switchable from the front panel for 'reference checking' a mix, STUDIO outputs with built-in talkback for talent 'cue mix', direct ADC (Analog to Digital Converter) inputs to connect outboard preamps bypassing the internal input stage, etc.
- 24 mono tracks, 24-bit uncompressed, 256 virtual tracks per project
- 24 track select keys, with track punch on-the-fly
- Up to 24 tracks simultaneous recording, for live recording or digital transfers
- Up to 24 channels of ADAT digital inputs/outputs, with sample accurate ADAT Sync
- Sample accurate editing, with sample accurate scrolling Waveform display and tape-like audio scrubbing
- Non-destructive editing: Copy, Cut, Erase, Insert, Paste, Repeat, Move
- Off-line DSP features: TimeStretch, PitchShift, BPM Match, Varispeed, Reverse, Normalize, Resample
- Multi-level Undo/Redo
- 46 channels (12 mono inputs, 1 stereo Aux input, 24 mono track returns, 4 stereo FX returns)
- Digital EQ and Dynamics processors on every mono channel (inputs and tracks), with onboard libraries
- Surround Mixing (5.1, LCRS and Quad) ready
- Onboard dynamic and snapshot automation
- 13 professional 100mm long-throw, touch-sensitive motorized faders
- 18 encoders for real-time control of parameters
- Monitor section with Main/Nearfield outputs, stereo studio cue output with built-in talkback microphone
- 4 simultaneous 56bit stereo FX: Reverb, Chorus, Flanger, Delay, Phaser, Wah, Pitch Shift/Correction,
- FX Library with Snapshot automation
- Flexible routing allows real-time processing through outboard equipment, including digital plug-ins hosts
- 46 Channels
> 2 to internal Mixdown recorder (46 > 6 in 5.1 Surround mode)
- Multi-band Compressor/Expander for stereo Mastering
- Sample Rate conversion and Bit Depth dithering
- Track-at-Once and Disk-at-Once CD burning
- Standard FAT32 disk format, Broadcast WAV audio files
- Extensive multi-track audio Import/Export and data backup features via IDE, SCSI and USB.
- ADAT lightpipe I/Os, ADAT Sync out and ADAT LRC remote support
- Standard 5 1/4" IDE bay for CD-RW or removable hard drive
- Four ADC Ins "bypass" inputs for outboard preamps
- Free ak.Sys TrackView software provides SVGA metering and 24-track scrolling waveform display, plus mouse/keyboard based editing.
- Expansion slots design for future upgrades
- Display: 320 x 240 dots grey-scale graphic LCD with back light, with adjustable angle
- Time Display: 8 x 7-segment LED display, Time Code or Bar/Beat/Clock display
- Accessories: AC Cable, Operator's Manual
- Power: AC 120V 60Hz (US, Canada), 110W
- Hard drives that are supported under version 2.00 of the DPS24-MKII OS.
- Maxtor 4R080L0 80GB
- Maxtor 6Y080L0 80GB