- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
AKG AKG K872 Master Reference Closed-Back Studio Headphones
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J51793 000001000 J51793000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
AKG K872 master reference closed-back headphones provide unprecedented accuracy and comfort in production and live sound engineering environments. Cu...Click To Read More About This Product
Studio grade headphones, mixing and mastering quality.
AKG K872 master reference closed-back headphones provide unprecedented accuracy and comfort in production and live sound engineering environments. Custom 53mm drivers with 1.5 Tesla magnet systems deliver exceptional headroom for precise imaging, deep low frequencies and extended dynamic range.
The optimized closed-back design ensures excellent isolation during tracking, mixing and mastering sessions. The open-mesh headband and 3D-shaped slow-retention foam earcups create a personalized fit for remarkable comfort during long sessions. Created with meticulous attention to every design element and component, the K872 is the new benchmark for headphone performance.
The two-layer, copper-covered aluminum voice coil works with the special magnet design to deliver high sensitivity, superior impulse response, and an extended frequency range of 5Hz–54kHz. K872 headphones are extremely versatile, and perform with finesse across a wide range of musical styles and sound sources.
Every component of the K872 is torture-tested to ensure premium AKG performance wherever you go. All the mechanically critical parts are made of metal—from the precision cardan hinge to the headband. Details such as the trim ring around the ear cup serve to provide a superior seal for the speaker plate. The K872 is an industry-leading reference headphone that’s built to last.
- Optimized closed-back design with 53mm transducers for greatest-in-class headroom and dynamic range
- 1.5 Tesla magnet system for exceptionally accurate imaging and authoritative low-frequency performance
- Two-layer voice coil for superior extended 5 Hz – 54 kHz frequency range
- Open-mesh headband for remarkable comfort and light weight
- 3D-shaped slow-retention ear pads for personalized fit
- Sound-sealing pad profile for excellent isolation
- Removable cable with precision LEMO connector
- Meticulous design incorporating precision metal parts.
- Demanding test regimen ensures reliable operation in the studio and on the road
Reveal all the detail in a broad range of program material and today’s high-resolution formats. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.