- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
AKG C214 Large Diaphragm Condenser Mic
- Write a Review
- #271335 000000000 271335000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
AKG's industry-leading C414 microphones are already a permanent fixture in the world's biggest recording studios and a highly respected workhorse for...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
An affordable condenser that can handle high SPLs.
AKG's industry-leading C414 microphones are already a permanent fixture in the world's biggest recording studios and a highly respected workhorse for independent artists, broadcasting, and on-stage miking as well.
The new C214 is designed as a cost-effective alternative to the high-end, industry-leading C414 family. It captures sound combining one side of the legendary C414 dual-capsule system and AKG's patented Back-Plate Technology, which results in an outstanding performance very close to the famous C414 B-XLS.
Like the C414 models, the C214 is capable of handling the rigors of high-pressure sound such as amplified guitars, with a sensitivity perfect for voice and orchestral instruments as well. Additionally, the microphone offers a 20dB Attenuation pad, 13dB noise floor, and a low cut switch - all in an elegant but rugged package.
Additional features include an integrated suspension, a double mesh grill high RF immunity without affecting acoustics. The circuitry in the C214 provides maximum SPL capability with minimum noise and the gold-plated XLR-type output connector offers loss-free signals.
The C214 comes complete with carrying case, windscreen, and spider suspension mount included.
- AKG's Legendary 1" Edge-Terminated Large Diaphragm Sound
- Outstanding Dynamic Range (up to 156dB SPL, Ultra-Low Noise)
- Roadworthy design
- Integrated Suspension to reduce mechanical Noise
- Switchable 20dB Attenuation Pad and Low Cut Switch
- Rugged double mesh grille for high RF immunity but unaffected Acoustics
- All-metal Die-cast body with shock- and scratch-resistant Finish
- Spider-type Shockmount included
- Metal Carrying case included
- Designed, Engineered and Build in Vienna, Austria
Save big if you buy today.
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 to 20,000Hz
- Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa (-34 dBV)
- Max. SPL: 136/156dB SPL (0/-20dB) (for 0.5% THD)
- Equivalent noise level: 13 dB-A to IEC 60268-4 (A-weighted)
- Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted): 81dB
- Preattenuation pad: 0/-20dB (switchable)
- Bass cut filter slope: 160Hz, 6dB/Octave, switchable
- Impedance: <=200 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >=1000 ohms
- Supply voltage: 12 to 52 V Phantom power to IEC 61938
- Current consumption: < 2 mA
- Dynamic range: 123/143 dB (0/-20 dB) (A-weighted)
- Connector: IEC standard 3-pin XLR
- Finish matte: grayish blue
- Dimensions: 160 x 55mm (6.3" x 2.2")
- Net weight: 280g (0.62lb.)
- Shipping weight: 1450g (3.22lb.)
- Patent(s): Electrostatic transducer (Patent no. AT 395.225, DE 4.103.784, JP 2.815.488)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.