- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
AKG D112 MkII Professional Bass Drum Microphone
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J21191 000000000 J21191000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The D112 MkII professional dynamic bass drum microphone features a new integrated flexible mount while retaining all the sonic strengths that have ma...Click To Read More About This Product
An industry standard for kick drums or bass guitars.
The D112 MkII professional dynamic bass drum microphone features a new integrated flexible mount while retaining all the sonic strengths that have made its predecessor the industry-standard. Over the years, the D112 has earned a well-deserved reputation as one of the best bass drum microphones ever made, for its high SPL capability, punchy EQ and bulletproof construction.
The D112 MkII can handle more than 160dB SPL without distortion. Its large diaphragm has a very low resonance frequency that delivers a solid and powerful response below 100Hz. Its authoritative low end is complemented by a narrow-band presence boost at 4kHz that punches through even dense mixes and loud stage volumes with forceful impact. One of the many reasons artists and sound engineers love the D112 MkII is that it requires no additional EQ to sound just right as soon as you bring up the fader. Further refining its performance, the D112 MkII features an integrated hum-compensation coil that keeps noise to an absolute minimum.
In addition to being an exceptional bass drum mic on stage and in the studio, the D112 MkII is an excellent choice for miking electric bass cabinets and trombones.
- Integrated flexible mount makes it even more versatile
- Bass resonance volume chamber for unique, punchy sound
- Large diaphragm dynamic microphone delivers accurate low frequencies
- Integrated hum-compensation coil keeps noise to an absolute minimum
- Industry benchmark for bass drum microphone used on stages worldwide for over 30 years
Call or click to order today!
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 17KhZ
- Max SPL: 136 dB
- Connectivity: XLR
- Capsule: Dynamic
- Pattern: Cardioid
- Type: Mounted
- Applications: Studio, stage
- Phantom power required: No
- Width: 2.8" (70mm)
- Height: 4.2" (115mm)
- Depth: 5.6" (150mm)
- Weight: .63 lb.
- Case: Pouch
- Clip: Plastic
- Power supply: No
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.