- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
AKG D7 Varimotion Dynamic Microphone
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 500315 000000000 500315000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The AKG D7 is a dynamic microphone that delivers the subtle, open, detailed sound of a condenser microphone, while maintaining the rugged reliability...Click To Read More About This Product
Versatility and rugged reliability separate this mic from the pack.
The AKG D7 is a dynamic microphone that delivers the subtle, open, detailed sound of a condenser microphone, while maintaining the rugged reliability and ease of control of a dynamic microphone. At the heart of the AKG D7 mic's design is AKG's new Laminate Varimotion diaphragm, which allows precise response tuning without resonators. Thanks to the Laminate Varimotion diaphragm, the AKG D7 microphone delivers beautifully detailed sound, amazing response consistency at any SPL and absolutely incredible gain-before-feedback. You'll find that the AKG D7 is a microphone that always sounds "right" even on the loudest stages.
The AKG D7 mic also features a built-in high-pass filter that cuts out unwanted low frequencies, minimizes handling noise, and provides superior audio clarity and intelligibility. This AKG dynamic microphone also features a hum-canceling coil that greatly reduces interference from nearby electrical devices-ensuring that only pure vocal sounds come through.
The AKG D7 isn't just a pretty package-it's a microphone that features a super-strong, heavy-duty die-cast chassis with a thick, dent-resistant grille screen that can easily handle the inevitable accidents that happen in live performances on the road. The AKG D7 mic is also equipped with a gold-plated XLR-type output connector for loss-free signal transfer.
The sum total of the AKG D7 microphone's technology is a reference-quality dynamic mic that offers complete control for singers and speakers and, therefore, a better listening experience for audiences.
AKG backs the European-built AKG D7 microphone with a 2-year parts and labor warranty.
- Polar pattern: Supercardioid
- Frequency range: 70 to 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 2.6 mV/Pa (-52 dBV)
- Max. SPL: 147 / 156 dB SPL
- Equivalent noise level: 18 dB-A (IEC 60268-4)
- Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted): 76 dB
- Impedance: ‰¤ 600 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: ‰ 2000 ohms
- High pass filter: 80 Hz, always active
- Connector: 3-pin XLR
- Finish: matte gray blue
- Dimensions: Length: 185.2 mm (7.3 in.); Diameter: 51 mm (2 in.)
- Net weight: 340 g (12 oz.)
- Shipping weight: 655 g (1.45 lb.)
- Special features: integrated humbucking coil
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.