- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Allen & Heath ZED Series ZED-16FX Multipurpose USB Mixer
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- H82175 000000000 H82175000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Allen & Heath is a world leader in quality mixing consoles, and the Allen & Heath ZED-16FX is a superb choice for bands that care about tone,...Click To Read More About This Product
Top quality portable mixer with pro effects, preamps and EQ.
Allen & Heath is a world leader in quality mixing consoles, and the Allen & Heath ZED-16FX is a superb choice for bands that care about tone, build quality, versatility and portability. It is a multipurpose USB mixer with stunning DSP effects for both live sound and recording.
The ZED-16FX is ideal for groups who need to travel light. It gives musicians, venues and sound companies access to 10 full mono channels, 3 stereo channels and a high quality FX unit in a compact, rack mountable format. Configurable USB audio in/out makes it easy to capture stereo recordings.
USB audio flexibility
Getting audio to and from a computer easily is now a common requirement for live sound and music production. The way this has been implemented on ZED is flexible and easy. Just plug a USB cable into your ZED, select the USB routing on the mixer and the device on your computer and that's it
1) Main Mix Left + Right (Post-fade)
2) Main Mix Left + Right (Pre-Fade)
3) Auxes 1-2
4) Auxes 3-FX
1) To Stereo 3 channel
ZED-16FX features a responsive 3-band, swept mid frequency EQ design which utilizes Allen & Heath's MusiQ with optimized slope (or Q factor) for equalizing individual instruments.
Based on the proven pre-amps from the hugely successful PA series, ZED-16FX has DuoPre pre-amps, which use a two-stage design, with carefully controlled amounts of gain in each stage. When amplifying the signal from the XLR input, the gain range is huge (69dB), and is very evenly distributed around the gain control, meaning better control of signal level. Most of the gain comes from the first stage, so unwanted noise is kept to a minimum. Line level signals are simply plugged into the second stage of the pre-amp by using the line input jack socket, which has the great advantage of less noise when using the line input and also matching to a higher input impedance.
ZED-16FX has an essential selection of 16 time-delay effects, designed for small groups who don't want to carry around an effects unit with their gear but who still want great quality FX at their gigs and on their recordings. ZED effects are easily controlled using 3 buttons with 9 display LEDs. For example, the ideal delay time can be quickly tapped in, or the perfect amount of reverb on the lead vocal can be dialed in. There is one-stop navigation and editing - in fact, it's just as easy as using effects pedals. To alter effects parameters, the TAP button is held down and the up/down buttons pressed to adjust the specific parameter for that effect, for example, the decay length on PLATE, or the depth on CHORUS.
SONAR X1 LE
Cakewalk SONAR X1 LE is included with ZED-16FX so you can immediately start to use it to create your own music. You'll be able to record from your ZED mixer, create tracks and arrange songs, then play back to ZED via the USB port. You can use SONAR X1 LE and your ZED mixer together in many ways - e.g. straightforward recording of a stereo mix, recording tracks individually to build up a song, or using the USB port and software as an effects loop.
- 10 mono mic/line inputs, 3 stereo channels with 2-band EQ
- 16 internal time-delay effects
- Neutrik mic XLRs and 1/4 inch jacks
- 3 band EQ with MusiQ
- 4 auxes
- Illuminated PFL and peak warning indicator
- ALPS 100mm faders
- Stereo returns & playback
- All inputs with level control
- Mono/stereo function on auxes 1&2
- Monitor output section
- Alt stereo output source
- Configurable USB stereo audio in/out
- Cakewalk SONAR X1 LE bundled with mixer
- Rack ears available
Allen & Heath is known for quality construction, EQ, and preamps. Effects? Total bonus. Order today.
- Mono channel (XLR) Input: +6 to -63dBu for nominal (+17dBu in max)
- Mono channel Line Input (Jack socket): +10 to -26dBu (+30dBu maximum)
- Insert point (TRS Jack socket): 0dBu nominal +21dBu maximum
- Stereo Input (Jack sockets): 0dBu nominal (control = Off to +10dB)
- Stereo input (phono sockets): 0dBu nominal (control = Off to +10dB)
- L, R & Mono Outputs (L&R XLR, Mono Jack): 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum.
- Aux Outputs (Jack sockets): 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum.
- Alt Outputs (phono sockets): 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum.
- Rec Outputs (phono sockets): 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum.
- Mic in to Mix L/R Out, 30dB gain: +0.5/-1dB 20Hz to 20kHz.
- Line in to Mix L/R out 0dB gain: +0.5/-1dB 10Hz to 30kHz
- Stereo in to Mix L/R out: +0.5/-1dB 10Hz to 30kHz
- Mic in to Mix L/R Out, 0dB gain 1kHz +10dBu out: 0. 004%
- Mic in to Mix L/R Out, 30dB gain 1kHz: 0. 014%
- Line in to Mix L/R out 0dB gain 0dBu 1kHz: 0. 005%
- Stereo in to Mix L/R out 0dB gain +10dBu 1kHz: 0. 003%
- Analog Headroom from nominal (0Vu): 21dB
- USB in & out headroom from nominal (0Vu): 14dB
- USB Audio CODEC (Coder/Decoder)
- USB Audio In/Out: USB 1.1 compliant 16bit.
- Sample Rate: 32, 44.1, or 48kHz
- Mic Pre EIN @ max gain 150R input Z 22-22kHz: -127dBu
- Mix L/R out, L/R faders = 0, 22-22kHz ZED-12FX: -88dBu
- Mix L/R out, L/R faders = 0, 22-22kHz ZED-16FX: -86dBu
- Mix L/R out, L/R faders = 0, 22-22kHz ZED-22FX: -84dBu
- ZED-16FX: w x h x d: 18.3" x 3.9" x 17.7"
- ZED-16FX: 18.7 lb.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.