Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Antelope Audio Amari 2-Channel Mastering AD/DA Converter & Headphone Amplifiertrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Antelope Audio Amari 2-Channel Mastering AD/DA Converter & Headphone Amplifier$2,995.00
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reference-grade USB AD/DA converter and headphone amplifier.
Love at first listen
Amari offers the signature Antelope Audio industry acclaimed clocking and best-in-class 384 kHz conversion. The unit comes with two analog output pairs on XLR and TRS. Two analog input pairs are available on the back panel, one on RCA and one on combo XLR. In addition Amari provides digital connectivity on USB, AES/EBU, S/PDIF and TOSLINK.
Incredible headphone control
Antelope Audio have always equipped their units with multiple headphone outs. Amari brings this to the next level. Its two headphone outputs feature individual volume control. Each output allows users to Select from 17 different values of driver's output impedance including negative values in order to enhance the listening experience.
Amari employs the industry renowned Antelope Audio clocking technologies and the manufacturer's vast experience in analog circuitry and conversion. The mastering-grade audio interface offers 384 kHz, 24-bit conversion.
The desktop interface features the Acoustically Focused Clocking (AFC) jitter management technology pioneered by Antelope Audio’s fourth-generation, 64-bit clocking allows a stable and precise sampling of any incoming audio signal. Amari is also equipped with an Atomic Clock input (fully 10MX compatible) for maximum stability. An additional Word Clock input is also available.
Flexible control set
The control set of Amari is distributed between dedicated fast-access knobs and buttons for the most frequent controls, the impressive touchscreen display and intuitive software control panel. The touchscreen is used for the more advanced functions and volume levels visualization.
Made of machined metal and finished in black and gold, Amari boasts the typical Antelope Audio design symmetry and sturdy build quality. It is beautiful without being distracting. It is premium, but not ostentatious. It looks equally as great in the studio as it does in your living room. The centerpiece is a slick full-color touchscreen that provides hands-on control and extensive metering. Next to it, the stepped rotary encoders and three function buttons allow for smooth and immediate control. Amari looks and feels just like it sounds – clean and precise.
The belief that analog and digital audio are meant to thrive together is embodied in every Antelope Audio product. Amari is no exception – its abundance of connectivity options means limitless flexibility! Two pairs of analog inputs (XLR and RCA) and outputs (XLR and TRS), two headphone amplifiers, digital ports (AES/EBU, S/PDIF, TOSLINK), Word Clock & Atomic Clock inputs offer vast integration possibilities.
Amari features a pair of stereo headphone outs on ComboXLR connectors with a dedicated volume control knob. Output is capped at 1.4W max, with selectable output impedance from -4.6 to 85.3 ohm available in 17 control steps. These options let you configure Amari for perfect compatibility with your favorite headphones for ultimate performance.
Amari’s high-fidelity headphone driver chip offers fully differential input (per amplifier). It is a dual-amp design, optimized to eliminate possible temperature drifts and deliver the differential signal quality each listener deserves.
In standard mode the headphone outputs use a single D/A Converter chip with two dedicated amps (one per channel) for unparalleled performance while in balanced mode (when both headphone outputs are in use) the headphone outs switch and deliver one dedicated D/A Converter chip and two amplifiers (one per channel) for each of the headphone drives (left and right) therefore eliminating any noise, increasing audio performance and delivering an expansive, full tone and more refined quality to your musics presentation.
DSD High-Resolution Audio Support
In addition to 24-bit/384 kHz PCM audio playback, Amari supports DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256 over DoP formats. Enjoy clear, present digital audio at sample rates tens of times higher than that of CDs.
Software Control Panel
Easy and intuitive to use, the Amari Control Panel gives you control over each aspect of the unit. It also places the power of a unique and flexible routing system at your fingertips.
For the ADC, we chose a digital low-pass filter with a short delay and sharp roll-off to achieve the lowest latency and widest bandwidth possible of 0.46 x fs, with pass-band ripple of +/-0.03 dB. Since the short delay filter only works on such a small number of samples (5) at a time, we have the shortest possible delay between the input and output stages, which greatly improves throughput.
As for the internal digital high-pass filter — its cutoff frequency is set to 1 Hz in order to eliminate DC offsets and pass the cleanest audio signal possible. Amari also offers one of the lowest pass-band ripple figures (+/-0.03 dB) in the industry. The lower this figure, the more accurate sound reproduction is and the better a filter sounds.
The ADC chips selected are two AK5778 - that are well renowned both in the pro audio and in the high-end world.
Top Class Conversion
The 2-channel ADC is configured for 8-to-1 operation — that is, there are two A/D Converter chips per single analog input. This way, it achieves increased dynamic range and a significant 9dB improvement in signal-to-noise ratio (SNR). And, with a maximum sample rate of 384 kHz (apr: 2.6uS), Amari captures even the tiniest details in the audio signal with a resolution of 1.16nV.
Designed for audiophile and studio equipment, the 8x CS43198 DAC chips selected are well respected in the high-end community. They support sample rates of up to 384 kHz (PCM) and operate at the same speed and resolution as the ADC. This made it possible for our engineers to achieve bit-perfect and sample-accurate playback, with the AD-DA pass-through rendered completely transparent. The final touch, is having the power to play back DSD formats up to DSD256 (via DoP) makes for complete and versatile DA conversion.
Fully Differential Driver Topology
Amari offers fully differential (balanced) driver topology for the combo XLR inputs. The coaxial routing from the RCA connector (coax. input) to the driver, transports clean, pristine signal directly to the same differential driver as the combo XLRs. The keyword is "consistency!"
Likewise, Amari's analog output drivers are built upon of a low noise, low distortion, rail-to-rail output amplifier that boasts a 0.00006% (-124.5dB) THD (total harmonic distortion) and 3.3nV/√Hz noise. The dual-amp in a single chip package enhances the differential PCB layout and maximize its symmetrical driver topology.
Fourth-Generation 64-bit Clocking
Amari takes full advantage of the renowned Antelope Audio Acoustically Focused Clocking (AFC) jitter management technology. The fourth-generation 64-bit clocking facilitates the most precise sampling of analog signal, at sample rates of up to 384 kHz and 24-bit depth. What's more, Amari offers an Atomic Clock input (fully 10MX compatible) and a Word Clock input, allowing you to enjoy industry-leading clocking technology at its fullest potential.
- 24-bit 384kHz for play back and recording
- A/D – Dual AK5578 ADC chips. Dynamic Range 128dB
- D/A -Eight CS43198 DAC chips. Dynamic range of 138dB
- DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256 formats supported (DSD over PCM a.k.a. DoP) playback
- 2 headphone outputs with dedicated volume control for each output
- User-selectable output resistance (a.k.a. headphone membrane weight compensation) that can be switched to balanced mode
- Standard and Balanced mode for Headphones
- 4th Generation 64-Bit Acoustically Focused Clocking.
- 10M Atomic Clock Input and Word Clock Input for better system integration and improved audio clarity
- 2 pairs of Analog Ins on combo XLR and RCA
- 2 pairs of Analog Outs on combo XLR and TRS
- AES/EBU, S/PDIF and TOSLINK I/O
- Large touchscreen display to ease the advanced functions control and visualization
- USB 3.1 Connection for playback and recording.
- Software Control Panel for flexibility and advanced functionality both on MAC and PC
Amari 2-Channel Mastering AD/DA Converter & Headphone Amplifier Specifications:Analog Inputs
- 1x Stereo Pair balanced on ComboXLR 24dBu max input level
- 1x Stereo Pair unbalanced on RCA 8,2dBu / 6dBv max input level
- 1x AES/EBU up to 192 kHz
- 1x S/PDIF up to 192kHz
- 1x TOSLINK up to 96kHz
- 1x WC
- 1x Atomic
- 1x Stereo Pair balanced on XLR. Output Level: 24dBu max, digital trim available
- 1x Stereo Pair balanced on TRS. Output Level: 18dBu max, digital trim available
- 2x Stereo Headphone outs on ComboXLR with individual volume control knobs. Output Power: 1,4 Watts max. Selectable output impedance from -4.6 to 85.3 Ohm available in 17 steps
- Headphone outputs are also configurable to drive 1 pair fully balanced headphone set with dedicated volume control
- 1x AES/EBU up to 192kHz
- 1x S/PDIF up to 192kHz
- 1x TOSLINK up to 96kHz
- 1x USB 3.1 on Type-B connector up to 384kHz
- DC Power Inlet with lock nut
- 2x AK5778 A/D Converter chips
- 24 bit 384kHz
- Input: Full Differential Inputs
- S/(N+D): 112 dB (S/N: 124 dB)
- THD+N: -109dB
- Dynamic Range: 128dB
- 8x CS43198 D/A Converter chips
- 24-bit 384kHz PCM / up to DSD2562 over PCM
- Dynamic Range: 138dB
- XLR: THD+N: -113dB, DNR: 137dB
- TRS: THD+N: -111dB, DNR: 135dB
- 4th Generation 64-bit Acoustically focused clock technology
- Sample-rates supported:
- AD and DA PCM: 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 352.8kHz, 192kHz, 384kHz
- DA DSD: 64, 128, 256
- 18VDC / 0.83A
- Wall wart power supply unit (supplied)
- Amari Hi-End Mastering-grade AD/DA Converter
- Quick start guide
- Warranty Card
- Cleaning Cloth
- USB 3.0 Cable
- Wart External Power Supply
- 3.0 kg/ 6.61 lbs
- Width: 310 mm / 12.2”
- Height: 91 mm / 3.6”
- Depth: 253 mm /9.9”
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.