Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
API 215L 200 Series Discrete HP/LP Sweep Filtertrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
A versatile sweep filter with great sonic character.
The 215L design is a passive low-pass filter with a slope of only 6dB per octave, and a passive dual high-pass filter with a slope of 12dB per octave. The filters are isolated from each other with the same discrete transistor buffer used in the famous 550 series equalizers. This minimizes interaction between the filters, as well as providing a low impedance source for the filter following the buffer.
The input section is a balanced circuit using the API 2510 all discrete op-amp, minimizing the loading effect on any device plugged into it. The output stage is a transformer balanced output, driven by the all discrete API 2520 op-amp.
The filters are both continuously adjustable, with a range from 20Hz to 20kHz in two bands. The low-pass filter has a range from 500Hz to 20kHz, and the high-pass filter has a range from 20Hz to 600Hz. This covers a broad range of frequencies throughout the entire audio spectrum.
Because of the subtle nature of the 215L filter, it finds a home with uses like rolling off the low end of a hi-hat, where a natural sound is desired, not the usual "phase-shifter" sound of a 18 to 24dB per octave filter found on most consoles. It can also be used to thin out room mics, without the complete loss of low end which again usually results from steep filter circuits.
The 215L can be used in the Legacy, Legacy Plus or Vision Series consoles, or in the L200 Rack. The 215L Filter makes use of the 2520 and 2510 op-amps and therefore exhibits the reliability, long life and uniformity which are characteristic of API products.
- Wide-range 6dB per octave LO-PASS control
- Wide-range 12dB per octave HI-PASS control
- Balanced input stage
- Passive filter design for smooth tone
- Unity gain throughout
- Hardwired BYPASS switch
- Transformer coupled output to +28dBu
- All-discrete design
Order the 215L 200 Series Discrete HP/LP Sweep Filter today.
215L 200 Series Discrete HP/LP Sweep Filter Specifications:General
- Number of bands: 2
- Filter type: Passive sweepable shelf
- Low pass: 500Hz to 20kHz
- High pass: 20Hz to 600Hz
- Input impedance: >20 kohms, balanced
- Output impedance: 85 ohms, Transformer coupled, Balanced
- Nominal levels: –15dBu to +15dBu
- Clipping level: +28dBu
- Frequency response: 0, –.3, 30 to 20kHz
- Noise: 98dB below +10dBm output, unweighted. 20Hz–20 kHz
- Distortion (THD): .02% (+4dB @ 2kHz)
- Connectors: 0.100 spaced ELCO
- Power Consumption: ±16V DC, 60mA max at +24dBu out
- Dimensions: 1.25" x 2.65" x 6.75"
- Weight: 0.51 lb.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.