- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Apogee Ensemble FireWire Digital Interface
- Write a Review
- Product 189600
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Ensemble Multichannel Audio Interface from Apogee delivers high performance converters, pristine preamps, and tight integration with Core Audio. ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
8 channels of top-of-the-line recording.
The Ensemble Multichannel Audio Interface from Apogee delivers high performance converters, pristine preamps, and tight integration with Core Audio. You can use the Ensemble easily with Logic, MOTU Digital Performer, Steinberg Cubase, Bias Peak, Propellerhead Reason, Ableton Live, or any professional Macintosh recording application that supports Core Audio to make flawless recordings. The Ensemble is the first professional audio interface that is all digitally controlled and designed specifically for Apple computers and Logic.
The Ensemble features 36 simultaneously available audio channels with 8 channels of Apogee's legendary A/D/A conversion and 4 transparent, digitally controlled 75dB mic preamps. It also has 8 channels of ADAT I/O, 2 channels of S/PDIF coax and optical I/O, and FireWire connectivity to and from the computer. When you get an Ensemble, you also get premium Apogee technologies such as Soft Limit, UV22HR, and Intelliclock. Soft Limit ensures your signal gets the maximum digital input level without overs, UV22HR gives you a superior dither from 24-bit resolution down to 16-bit, and Intelliclock is an advanced, dual-stage clocking tool. These technologies”combined with converters that set the standard for the audio industry”make Ensemble an ideal choice for professionals seeking a high-definition, integrated solution that's easy to use.
Apogee Ensemble is the first and only multichannel audio interface that is fully integrated into Logic Pro. With Ensemble, everything from mic pre and output gain to sample and bit rate selection are controllable from within the Apogee Control Panel in Logic.
IMPORTANT NOTE for OS X Leopard compatibility
To ensure your Apogee product works well with Mac OS X Leopard v10.5, it is critical that you follow the instructions provided at the Apogee website address below.
If you have an existing Apogee software CD or a previously downloaded installer, please do not use it with Leopard. Only use the software and driver versions provided at the link below that are specifically indicated as "Compatible with Leopard."
If you have any questions, please call Apogee support at 310-584-9394.
- 8 channels of premium 24-bit/192kHz A/D/A conversion
- 4 75dB-gain microphone preamps
- 2 fully balanced inserts on mic pre channels
- 4 Hi-Z instrument inputs capable of handling high level instruments
- 2 individual, controllable and assignable high level headphone outputs
- 2, 6 or 8 channel monitor outputs
- 8 channels of ADAT I/O
- FireWire 400 I/O, compatible with OS X Core Audio (no driver required)
- 2 channels of SPDIF I/O
- Soft Limit for maximum digital input level without overs
- UV22HR for superior dither of 24-bit resolution down to 16-bit
- Advanced, dual-stage Intelliclock
- Precision digital encoders
- Complete integration and control with Apple's Logic Pro Software
- Apogee Control Panel screens accessible from within Logic Pro
- Compatibility with any CoreAudio software application
- Apogee's Maestro Software for advanced control and routing outside of Logic Pro
Put your money where your audio is: get an Ensemble and never doubt your recordings again.