- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Apogee Symphony I/O MKII Thunderbolt Option Card
- Write a Review
- J42093 000000000 J42093000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Symphony’s I/O modules are designed to future-proof your investment in flagship Apogee sound quality. If you own an original Symphony I/O, the Sympho...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Optional expansion card for the Apogee Symphony I/O MkII.
Symphony’s I/O modules are designed to future-proof your investment in flagship Apogee sound quality. If you own an original Symphony I/O, the Symphony I/O Mk II chassis can increase the longevity of your system by offering backwards compatibility with first generation 2×6, 8×8, 16×16 and 8 channel mic preamp I/O modules.
Thunderbolt Option Card
Symphony I/O Mk II Thunderbolt is the most powerful multi-channel audio interface for Thunderbolt-based Mac workstations. Designed for the home or professional studio running Logic Pro X or any other native based DAW, this system offers your choice of 4 different base I/O configurations with the option to expand up to 32×32 simultaneous channels per unit while still maintaining incredibly low latency.
Symphony I/O Mk II Thunderbolt relies on Apogee’s proprietary Thunderbolt driver, written from the ground up to offer unmatched performance and efficiency. When using Logic Pro X, latency has been reduced to an astounding 1.35 ms round-trip, allowing you to monitor through your DAW, plug-ins included, simplifying your workflow and leveraging the power of your Mac. Even when your session’s DSP demands require a higher buffer setting, Symphony I/O’s ultra-low latency means no longer having to choose between power and speed.
Symphony I/O Mk II Thunderbolt’s custom driver includes a revolutionary Direct Memory Access (DMA) engine to more efficiently read and write data directly to Mac memory independent of the Mac CPU. The DMA engine, running on Symphony I/O Mk II Thunderbolt’s hardware logic chip, increases the driver’s efficiency and provides the highest resolution signal possible to the DAC stage. This implementation allows the driver to crunch an enormous amount of data at an amazing speed, while making a very light demand on your Mac CPU. You benefit with lower latency, more plug-in power, and a transparent and encompassing listening experience.
- Best performance of any multi-channel Pro Tools HD interface
- Best cost per channel value of any Pro Tools HD interface solution
- Connects directly to any Pro Tools HD system (Mac or PC)
- Emulates Avid HD I/O interface, including sample-accurate delay compensation
- Connect multiple units in a single system (1 unit per HD port)
- Easy I/O calibration with front panel touchscreen
Expand your Symphony I/O!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.