- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Apple 2011 MacBook Pro 13" 2.4GHz Dual-Core i5 (MD313LL/A)
- Write a Review
- Product H79481
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
This new MacBook Pro (MD313LL/A) from Apple is a high-performance; 13 laptop that is loaded with powerful, state-of-the-art processing and still mai...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Innovative 13 laptop with state-of-the-art processors, all-new graphics, and breakthrough high-speed I/O.
This new MacBook Pro (MD313LL/A) from Apple is a high-performance; 13 laptop that is loaded with powerful, state-of-the-art processing and still maintains it™s beautiful appeal. Just like other members of the MacBook Pro family, the body is machined from one solid-piece of lightweight, extremely durable aluminum. The unique unibody design is a remarkable engineering achievement that eliminates the need for extra parts and results in a thinner enclosure with a polished look and robust feel. This 13 MacBook Pro now features a 2.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB Serial ATA Hard Drive, and a load of professional features that allow this version to perform faster and more efficiently than previous generations.
The performance you need, when you need it.
The integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000 processor ” now included across the MacBook Pro lineup ” handles the things you do every day. It encodes video quickly, making HD video calls with FaceTime possible. And it decodes efficiently, so you get long playback time for DVDs and iTunes movies.
Faster single-chip microarchitecture
Whether you'e watching a movie, updating your blog, or editing photos, data has to travel from place to place to be processed. The latest Intel Core architecture puts the processor, cache, memory controller, and graphics engine on a single chip. Since data doesn™t have as far to travel, you get faster performance and greater efficiency.
Turbo Boost 2.0
Say you'e using a processor-intensive application like Aperture 3 or Final Cut Pro that benefits from extra power. Turbo Boost is a dynamic performance technology that automatically increases the speed of the active cores. Turbo Boost 2.0 is even more dynamic and efficient. By shifting core frequency in smaller increments than before, it allows the processor to manage performance without sacrificing efficiency. All this takes place behind the scenes, so your work just goes smoother and faster.
Hyper-Threading is now standard on every MacBook Pro. This technology allows two threads to run simultaneously on each core, so OS X recognizes eight virtual cores on a quad-core processor and four on a dual-core processor. When you'e running multiple applications at once, the processor spreads tasks more evenly across a greater number of cores.
Integrated memory controller
With faster access to memory, each core can get right to work on your data, rather than waiting for it to arrive. That™s why the new Intel Core architecture uses an integrated memory controller to connect fast 1333MHz memory directly to the processor. Together with up to 8MB of shared L3 cache, the integrated memory controller helps your applications run at peak performance.
Thanks to the new microarchitecture, the graphics processor is on the same chip as the central processor and has direct access to L3 cache. That proximity translates into performance. The graphics processor also automatically increases clock speeds for higher workloads. An integrated video encoder enables HD video calls with FaceTime, while an efficient decoder gives you long battery life when you'e watching DVDs or iTunes movies.
Hardware and software made for each other.
Since the software on every Mac is created by the same company that makes the Mac, you get a fully integrated system in which everything works together perfectly. OS X works with the processor in your Mac to deliver the best possible performance. The Multi-Touch trackpad on every Mac notebook gives you more than enough space to pinch, swipe, and tap your way around most of the apps on your system. OS X gives you long battery life by dimming the screen in low-light conditions and even regulating processor activity between keystrokes.
A display full of bright ideas.
Everything Apple designers and engineers do, they do for a reason. They chose LED backlight technology for the MacBook Pro because it makes the display instantly bright and allows it to be incredibly thin. They used edge-to-edge glass not just because it looks beautiful, but also because it lends structure to the display. And at the top of the screen they hid the new built-in FaceTime HD camera. So you see your friends and family in big, beautiful widescreen ” and as little of the camera as possible.
Multi-Touch trackpad. It just feels right.
The Multi-Touch trackpad is the most natural way to interact with what™s on your screen, and the smooth glass surface gives you plenty of room for gestures. Pinch to zoom in and out, swipe to flip through photos, rotate to adjust an image, and much more. The buttonless design lets you click anywhere. And if you'e coming from a right-click world, you can right-click with two fingers or configure a right-click area on the trackpad. The more you use the Multi-Touch trackpad, the more you™ll wonder how you ever did without it.
Easy access to connections and ports.
The connections and ports on MacBook Pro ” MagSafe power, Gigabit Ethernet, Thunderbolt, USB, SDXC, and audio in/out ” are all smartly integrated on the same side of the notebook. So your cables stay neatly organized, and connecting and disconnecting your devices is easy and convenient. The power cord is held in place magnetically, so if someone should trip over it, the cord disconnects harmlessly and your MacBook Pro stays put safely.
Introducing Thunderbolt. The fastest, most versatile I/O ever in a notebook.
Imagine accessing multiple streams of uncompressed HD video ” from your notebook ” at speeds that let you edit an HD feature film in real time. That™s how Thunderbolt technology will connect the next generation of high-performance peripherals to the next generation of computers ” starting with MacBook Pro. Ultrafast and ultraflexible, the Thunderbolt pipeline is up to 12 times faster than FireWire 800 and up to 20 times faster than USB 2.0, and it offers unprecedented expansion capabilities. It changes what you can do on a notebook.
The new FaceTime HD camera. The difference is clear.
Get more of your friends in the picture with crisp, widescreen HD video. The new FaceTime HD camera gives you three times the resolution of the previous camera ” perfect for the brilliant LED-backlit display ” along with improved low-light performance. You and your friends can make 720p HD calls from your MacBook Pro to any Mac with a FaceTime HD camera. You can also make video calls to iPad 2, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch, and other Intel-based Mac computers.
It™s very well connected.
When you'e out and about, the latest 802.11n wireless technology in MacBook Pro makes it easy to get connected just about anywhere. MacBook Pro automatically finds available networks and allows you to join them with a click. Bluetooth wireless technology is also built in, so you can use your favorite wireless accessories right out of the box.
A long-lasting battery. Charge less. Do more.
The new MacBook Pro delivers amazing battery life. And that™s with more powerful processors and faster graphics. An energy-efficient processor architecture with an integrated video encoder help improve battery life. So you can expect to surf the web wirelessly for up to 7 hours on a single charge. Or, take your entire creative studio on the road for live performances or on location for a shoot. Advanced chemistry and Adaptive Charging give you up to 1000 full charge and discharge cycles ” nearly three times the lifespan of typical notebook batteries. And because the MacBook Pro battery lasts up to five years, MacBook Pro uses just one battery in the same time a typical notebook uses three. That™s better for you and for the environment.
Designed to make an impact. Just not on the environment.
Complete control over how the MacBook Pro is designed, how it™s manufactured, and how it™s packaged gives Apple an environmental edge. LED backlight technology preserves energy. Glass and aluminum are highly recyclable. MacBook Pro is free of most harmful toxins. All new MacBook Pro models ship in packaging that™s smaller than the original. That means fewer trees used for boxes and fewer planes, trains, and trucks used for transport.
- 13.3 MacBook Pro, with 2.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB Serial ATA Hard Drive
- Integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000 processor, processes video quickly for video calls and watching movies
- Unique unibody design that is manufactured from one single piece of lightweight aluminum
- Thunderbolt pipeline connection, up to 12 times faster than FireWire 800 and up to 20 times faster than USB 2.0
- OS X operating system works with the processor in your Mac to deliver the best possible performance
- LED backlight technology makes the display instantly bright and allows it to be incredibly thin
- Multi-Touch trackpad features a smooth glass surface that gives plenty of room for gestures
- The new FaceTime HD camera offers crisp, widescreen HD video
- Long-lasting battery allows you to surf the web for up to 7 hours on a single charge
- Easy access to connections and ports - MagSafe power, Gigabit Ethernet, Thunderbolt, USB, SDXC, and audio in/out
You deserve the best, order this latest version of the MacBook Pro family, and get max power with faster results today.
- System Type: Notebook
- Built-in Devices: Stereo speakers,subwoofer , wireless LAN antenna, Bluetooth antenna
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 12-13/16 x 7/8 x 8-7/8
- Weight: 4.4 lb.
- Processor: Intel Core i5 2.4 GHz
- Multi-Core Technology: Dual-Core
- 64-bit Computing: Yes
- Features: Hyper-Threading Technology, integrated memory controller, Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
- Type: L3 cache
- Installed Size: 3MB
- Installed Size: 4GB / 8GB (max)
- Technology: DDR3 SDRAM - 1333 MHz
- Form Factor: SO DIMM 204-pin
- Configuration Features: 2 x 2GB
- Type: Serial ATA
- Serial ATA Interface: Serial ATA-300
- Hard Drive: 500GB - Serial ATA-300 - 5400 rpm
- Type: DVD±RW (±R DL) - integrated
- Read Speed: 24x (CD) / 8x (DVD)
- Write Speed: 24x (CD) / 8x (DVD±R) / 4x (DVD±R DL)
- Rewrite Speed: 10x (CD) / 4x (DVD±RW)
- Type: Card reader
- Supported Flash Memory Cards: SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card
- Display Type: 13.3" TFT
- LCD Backlight Technology: LED backlight
- Max Resolution: 1280 x 800 ( WXGA )
- Widescreen Display: Yes
- Features: Glossy
- Graphics Processor: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0
- Max Allocated RAM Size: 384MB
- Audio Output: Sound card
- Audio Input: Microphone
- Camera Type: Integrated
- Capture Resolutions: 1280 x 720
- Type: Trackpad, backlit keyboard
- Keyboard - Localization and Layout: English
- Features: Multi-touch touchpad
- Networking: Network adapter
- Wireless LAN Supported: Yes
- Data Link Protocol: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n, Bluetooth 2.1 EDR
- Compliant Standards: IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n, Bluetooth 2.1
- Expansion Slot(s): 2 (total) / 0 (free) x memory - SO DIMM 204-pin
- Interfaces: 1 x network - Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX/1000Base-T - RJ-45 ¦ 1 x IEEE 1394b (FireWire 800) - 9 pin FireWire 800 ¦ 2 x Hi-Speed USB - 4 pin USB Type A ¦ 1 x Thunderbolt - Apple mini-DisplayPort ¦ 1 x audio - SPDIF output/headphones/line-in - mini-phone 3.5 mm / TOSLINK
- Included Accessories: Cleaning cloth
- Features: Security lock slot (cable lock sold separately), aluminum enclosure
- Power Device: External
- Voltage Required: AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
- Power Provided: 60 Watt
- Technology: Lithium polymer
- Installed Qty: 1
- Capacity: 63.5 Wh
- Run Time (Up To): 7 hour(s)
- OS Provided: Apple MacOS X 10.7 Lion
- Software: Drivers & Utilities, Apple QuickTime, Apple iTunes, Apple Mac OS X Mail, Apple iCal, Apple iLife, Apple Address Book, Apple Safari, Apple Spotlight, Photo Booth, Apple Quick Look, Apple Time Machine, Apple Mac App Store, Apple FaceTime, Apple Launchpad, Apple Mission Control, Apple AirDrop, Apple Resume, Apple Auto Save, Apple Versions
- ENERGY STAR Qualified: Yes
- Service & Support: 1 year warranty
- Service & Support Details: Limited warranty - 1 year ¦ Technical support - phone consulting - 90 days
- Min Operating Temperature: 50 F
- Max Operating Temperature: 95 F
- Humidity Range Operating: 0 - 90% (non-condensing)