- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Apple MacBook Pro - 15.4 in/2.0 GHz/4 GB DDR3/500 GB/SD
- Product H72796
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The 15.4" model MacBook Pro brings quad-core power to almost everything you do. The 2.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor ” with Turbo Boost speed...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Faster quad-core processors with updated AMD graphics and high-speed I/O for a better user experience.
The 15.4" model MacBook Pro brings quad-core power to almost everything you do. The 2.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor ” with Turbo Boost speeds up to 3.4GHz and 6MB of shared L3 cache ” enables this MacBook Pro to run applications up to twice as fast as their top-of-the-line predecessors.
The graphics performance you need, when you need it
The integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000 processor ” now included across the MacBook Pro lineup ” handles the things you do every day. It encodes video quickly, making HD video calls with FaceTime possible, and it decodes efficiently so you get long playback time for DVDs and iTunes movies.
For graphics-intensive applications, the 15.4" MacBook Pro model automatically switches to new high-performance AMD Radeon graphics processors. With up to 3x the performance of the previous models, they let you see more frames per second in 3D games, or work on HD video projects with more speed and responsiveness than before.
Introducing Thunderbolt, the fastest, most versatile I/O ever in a notebook
Imagine accessing multiple streams of uncompressed HD video ” from your notebook ” at speeds that let you edit an HD feature film in real time. That™s how Thunderbolt technology will connect the next generation of high-performance peripherals to the next generation of computers ” starting with MacBook Pro. Ultrafast and ultra flexible, the Thunderbolt pipeline is more than 12 times faster than FireWire 800 and up to 20 times faster than USB 2.0, and it offers unprecedented expansion capabilities. It changes what you can do on a notebook.
The Thunderbolt port will give you plug-and-play performance with a whole new world of Thunderbolt peripherals, as well as with the Apple LED Cinema Display and other Mini DisplayPort peripherals. You can daisy-chain as many as six devices, including your display. And with support for video and eight-channel audio, it™s easy to connect HDMI-compatible devices ” like your TV and home stereo ” using the HDMI adapter you already have. Current VGA, DVI, and DisplayPort adapters are also supported.
The new FaceTime HD camera
Get more of your friends in the picture with crisp, widescreen HD video. The new FaceTime HD camera gives you three times the resolution of the previous camera ” perfect for the brilliant LED-backlit display ” along with improved low-light performance. You and your friends can make 720p HD calls from one new MacBook Pro to another. You can also make video calls to other Intel-based Mac computers, iPhone 4, or the new iPod touch.
Multi-Touch trackpad lets you be more hands-on
The Multi-Touch trackpad is the most natural way to interact with what™s on your screen, and the smooth glass surface gives you plenty of room for gestures. Pinch to zoom in and out, swipe to flip through photos, rotate to adjust an image, and much more. The buttonless design lets you click anywhere. And if you'e coming from a right-click world, you can right-click with two fingers or configure a right-click area on the trackpad. The more you use the Multi-Touch trackpad, the more you™ll wonder how you ever did without it.
A long-lasting battery means you charge less and do more
The new MacBook Pro delivers amazing battery life, thanks to more a powerful processor and faster graphics. An energy-efficient processor architecture with an integrated video encoder, along with automatic graphics switching, all help improve battery life. So you can expect to surf the web wirelessly for up to 7 hours on a single charge. Or take your entire creative studio on the road for live performances or a location shoot. Advanced chemistry and Adaptive Charging give you up to 1000 full charge and discharge cycles ” nearly three times the lifespan of typical notebook batteries.6 And because the MacBook Pro battery lasts up to five years, MacBook Pro uses just one battery in the same time a typical notebook uses three. That™s better for you and for the environment.
Apple is using a new, more rigorous battery test that measures the results you can expect in the real world ” like surfing your favorite sites in a coffee shop or catching up on the latest web videos. Even using this new test, MacBook Pro delivers amazing battery life. For your real life.
Anytime, Anywhere Access
Now you can get Internet access when and where you need it, because the new MacBook Pro can share the 3G connection on your iPhone 4. Check with your mobile provider for details.
It™s very well connected
When you'e out and about, the latest 802.11n wireless technology in MacBook Pro makes it easy to get connected just about anywhere. MacBook Pro automatically finds available networks and allows you to join them with a click. Bluetooth wireless technology is also built in, so you can use your favorite wireless accessories right out of the box.
Ports with possibility
With the new Thunderbolt port, you can daisy-chain as many as six devices, including your display, to create a full-fledged workstation. Two USB 2.0 ports and a FireWire 800 port let you connect your iPad, iPod, iPhone, digital cameras, and external hard drives.
The ExpressCard/34 slot on the 15.4" MacBook Pro is perfect for an eSATA adapter ” or even a 3G wireless card for times when no Wi-Fi network is available.
Burn DVDs superfast
After using iMovie and iDVD to edit and apply the finishing touches to your home movie, use the 8x SuperDrive on MacBook Pro to burn it to DVD in no time. Since the SuperDrive writes to double-layer discs (DVDs with nearly 9GB of space), it™s great for backing up data, too.
Mac OS X
At the heart of every MacBook Pro ” and every Mac ” is Mac OS X, an operating system custom made for the Intel multicore processors and advanced graphics inside. The latest version, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, is based on an entirely 64-bit architecture, and so are virtually all of the applications that come with a Mac. Translation: Everything you do on your MacBook Pro happens with dramatic speed and incredible overall performance. You also get iLife, a software suite featuring iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand, and more fun-to-use programs.
Designed to make an impact, just not on the environment
Complete control over how the MacBook Pro is designed, how it™s manufactured, and how it™s packaged gives Apple an environmental edge. LED backlight technology preserves energy. Glass and aluminum are highly recyclable. MacBook Pro is free of most harmful toxins.
- 2.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with 6MB shared L3 cache
- 4GB (two 2GB SO-DIMMs) of 1333MHz DDR3 memory; two SO-DIMM slots support up to 8GB
- 500GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard drive
- 8x slot-loading SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
- Maximum write: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R; 4x DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW, DVD+RW; 24x CD-R; 10x CD-RW
- Maximum read: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-ROM; 6x DVD-ROM (double layer DVD-9), DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW, DVD+RW; 24x CD
- 15.4" (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors
- Supported resolutions: 1440 by 900 (native), 1280 by 800, 1152 by 720, 1024 by 640, and 800 by 500 pixels at 16:10 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio stretched; 720 by 480 pixels at 3:2 aspect ratio; 720 by 480 pixels at 3:2 aspect ratio stretched
- Intel HD Graphics 30005 and AMD Radeon HD 6490M with automatic graphics switching
- Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors
- FaceTime HD camera
- Thunderbolt port
- MagSafe power port
- Gigabit Ethernet port
- FireWire 800 port (up to 800Mbps)
- Two USB 2.0 ports (up to 480Mbps)
- Thunderbolt port (up to 10GBps)
- Audio in/out
- SDXC card slot
- Kensington lock slot
- Wi-Fi wireless networking (based on IEEE 802.11n specification); IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) wireless technology
- 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
- Stereo speakers with subwoofer
- Omnidirectional microphone (located under left speaker grille)
- Audio line in minijack (digital/analog)
- Audio line out/headphone minijack (digital/analog)
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone
- Native Mini DisplayPort output
- HDMI audio and video output using a third-party Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter
- Full-size backlit keyboard with 78 keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted "T" arrangement)
- Multi-Touch trackpad for precise cursor control; supports inertial scrolling, pinch, rotate, swipe, three-finger swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities
- Built-in 77.5-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- 85W MagSafe Power Adapter with cable management system
- MagSafe power port
- Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard (includes iTunes, Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Front Row, Xcode Developer Tools)
- iLife (includes iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iWeb, GarageBand)
- MacBook Pro
- Display cleaning cloth
- 85W MagSafe Power Adapter, AC wall plug, and power cord
- Software DVDs
- Printed and electronic documentation
The fun features, enhancements, and improvements, make the 15.4 MacBook Pro a smart buy. Order now!
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50 to 95 F
- (10 to 35 C)
- Storage temperature: -13 to 113 F
- (-24 to 45 C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
- MacBook Pro is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact:
- Highly recyclable aluminum and glass enclosure
- Mercury-free LED-backlit display
- Arsenic-free display glass
- Energy Efficient Ethernet
- Reduced packaging volume
- Meets ENERGY STAR Version 5.2 requirements
- Rated EPEAT Gold
- 14.35" (36.4cm) x 0.95" (2.41cm) x 9.82" (24.9cm)
- 5.6 lb. (2.54kg)