- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Applied Microphone Technology AMT WS Studio Double Clarinet/Oboe Microphone with AP40 Preamp
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 271154 000000000 271154000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The AMT WS Studio version combines the AMT WS Clip-On Double Microphone system with the AMT AP40 floor pre-amp. The AP40 converts the microphones to...Click To Read More About This Product
The AMT WS Studio version combines the AMT WS Clip-On Double Microphone system with the AMT AP40 floor pre-amp. The AP40 converts the microphones to low impedance, it regulates the voltage to each microphone, and with certain models creates a specific frequency curve. The curve is necessary on certain models or musical instruments in order to maintain the most natural reproduction of sound in conjunction with achieving the most amount of gain before feedback in a live application. The output of the preamp is an XLR Low Impedance balanced output. The output sends signal at Mic Level.
The AMT WS is a low profile double condenser microphone system that attaches to the clarinet, alto and bass flute, or oboe with a ultra-miniature low mass clamp. It is specifically designed for the timbre of the clarinet. The microphone provides pure tonal reproduction while being unobtrusive. It has an even reproduction of sound across the entire instrument. The AMT WS features a flexible gooseneck, allowing the player to position the microphone for the best possible tone reproduction. It's rugged construction of anodized aviation aluminum makes it highly durable, while being lightweight and non-corrosive.
The AMT WS Studio comes with two isolation rings. Both instrument microphones are suspended in AMT's iso-ring technology which allows more gain before feedback and less handling noise. The AMT WS Studio version is meant to be used either in a Studio setting where close miking of an musical instrument is desired or in a professional level setting where the sound engineer needs control of the microphone.
Requires phantom power.
- 2 AMT WS condenser Microphones
- Flexible Gooseneck
- AMT AP40 Floor Pre-amp
- Hard shell protective case
- Element: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Figure 8
- Frequency: 30Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: -68dB+ 4dB
- Impedance: 150 Ohms
- Phantom Power:12 to 52 vDC or Self-powered battery
- Max input SPL: 140 dB
- Dimension: 13" Flex Arm
- Cable: 10'
- Weight (mic only): 31 grams
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.