- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
ART ProMPA II - 2-Channel Tube Mic Preamp
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 581817 000000000 581817000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The new ART ProMPA II is the next generation in affordable high performance microphone preamp technology. Each microphone input circuit, with selecta...Click To Read More About This Product
An affordable high-performance, 2-channel microphone preamp.
The new ART ProMPA II is the next generation in affordable high performance microphone preamp technology. Each microphone input circuit, with selectable 48v phantom power, features variable input impedance which can radically vary the overall performance of any high quality dynamic or ribbon microphone. The ProMPA II can be configured for dual mono or stereo operation with selectable mid/side mic support, summing the adjacent channel, to decode left/right signals.
The ProMPA II can operate at either a low or high plate voltage on the two integrated hand-selected 12AX7 tubes for wider variation of preamp tone and performance. Large back-lit analog VU output meters display input or output levels while multi-colored LED arrays, with average or peak hold, show tube gain.
Housed in a standard 2 rack unit space rack-mountable steel chassis, with CNC routed black anodized aluminum face panel, the ProMPA II is designed to deliver years of reliable operation in the studio, production facility, or on the road for live sound reinforcement.
- Variable Input Impedance For Flexible Microphone Voicing (150 Ohms To 2400 Ohms)
- Selectable Plate Voltage
- Large VU Meters
- Backlit Function Switches
- Discrete Class-A Input Microphone Preamplifier
- Low Noise at Lower Gain Settings
- Extremely Low Total Harmonic Distortion (THD)
- Wide Frequency Response
- Additional Front Mounted Instrument Input Jack
- Supports Mid/Side Miking Technique
- Operates at +4dbm/-10dbv Output
- Selectable Stereo/Dual Operation of Output Controls
- Automatic Instrument Input Selection
- Frequency Response 15Hz to 48 kHz (+0, -1dB) @ normal plate voltage
- 15Hz to 120 kHz (+0, -1dB) @ high plate voltage
- Dynamic range: >110dB ("A" weighted)
- CMRR: >90dB
- THD: <0.005% (typical)
Equivalent Input Noise: -129dBu (XLR, "A" weighted)
- Maximum Input Level: +19dBu (cannon)
- Maximum Instrument Input: +17dBu
- Input Impedance: 150-3000 Ohms adjustable (XLR)
- >800K Ohms (Instrument)
- Maximum Output Level: +27dBu (XLR)
- Output Impedance: < 47 Ohms (XLR)
Maximum Gain: 75dB
- Meter Calibration: 0 VU = +4dBu output (+4dB mode)
- 0 VU = -10dBV output (-10dB mode)
- High Pass Filter: single pole, 10-200 Hz adjustable
- Power Requirements: USA - 105 to 125 VAC / 60 Hz Export units configured for country of destination
- Dimensions: (H x W x D in) 3.50 x 19.0 x 8.75
- Dimensions: (H x W x D mm) 88 x 482 x 222
- Weight: (lb/kg) 10.5 / 4.7
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.