- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
ART S8 8-Channel Balanced Mic Splitter
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 180221 000000000 180221000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The ART S8 can be used to split eight balanced low impedance microphone signals into sixteen (eight pairs). Each channel of the S8 Microphone Splitte...Click To Read More About This Product
The ART S8 can be used to split eight balanced low impedance microphone signals into sixteen (eight pairs). Each channel of the S8 Microphone Splitter provides one direct output and one transformer isolated output from a single microphone, making it the ideal signal splitting solution for dividing mic signals for separate Front-of-House monitor mixes, or for remote recording applications. The direct outputs pass phantom power from the main mixer to the microphones for use with condenser microphones. The S8 includes a ground-lift switch on each isolated output to reduce hum due to ground loops between connected AC-powered units. For versatility the S8 mic splitter also features an attenuator pad switch on each input that can be used to connect preamplified signals to the two microphone-level outputs on each channel. Typical preamplified signals would originate from instrument preamplifiers, mixers, keyboards, etc.
With such an extensive history of making audio processors, ART has consistently set new industry standards and watched competitors follow their innovation and the ART S8 Microphone Splitter is no exception. ART continues to set the bar for high-quality audio products at a reasonable cost to audio enthusiasts of all types.
- 20 Hz to 20K Hz,±0.25 dB @ -15 dBu
- 3 dB at approximately 165K Hz
< 0.26% from 20 Hz to 20K Hz at ”15 dBu input
< 0.1% from 45 Hz to 20K Hz at ”15 dBu input
- 0.002% Typical at 1K Hz,”15 dBu input
- Less than 10 degrees at 20K Hz (ref. 1K Hz)
- Greater than 1.1K Ohms at 1K Hz
- Output Impedance (Typical driving source impedance is 150 Ohms):
< 255 Ohms at 1K Hz
>=105 dB @ 60 Hz
- >=Greater than 80 dB @ 3K Hz
- Voltage Insertion Loss: Approximately 2 dB at 1K Hz
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.