Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Audio-Technica AE5400 Cardioid Microphonetrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
The ultimate vocal performance instrument.
Output from the microphone's XLRM-type connector is low impedance (Lo-Z) balanced. The signal appears across Pins 2 and 3; Pin 1 is ground (shield). Output phase is "Pin 2 hot" - positive acoustic pressure produces positive voltage at Pin 2. To avoid phase cancellation and poor sound, all mic cables must be wired consistently: Pin 1-to-Pin 1, etc.
When using the AE5400 in settings with a stage monitor speaker, the speaker should be located 180 off axis (at rear of the microphone). This placement, in conjunction with the microphone's uniform cardioid pickup pattern, will virtually eliminate the possibility of undesired audio feedback.
An integral 80 Hz hi-pass filter provides easy switching from a flat frequency response to a low-end roll-off. The roll-off position reduces the microphone's sensitivity to popping in close vocal use. It also reduces the pickup of low-frequency ambient noise (such as traffic, air-handling systems, etc.), room reverberation and mechanically-coupled vibrations. Avoid leaving the microphone in the open sun or in areas where temperatures exceed 110 F (43 C) for extended periods. Extremely high humidity should also be avoided.
- Large-diaphragm element and true condenser design
- Superior anti-shock engineering ensures minimal handling noise
- Robust design for enduring dependability on the road
- Integral 80Hz HPF switch and 10dB pad
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear
Order today and have the hottest vocal mic on the market.
AE5400 Cardioid Microphone Specifications:
- Element: Externally polarized (DC Bias) condenser
- Polar pattern: Cardiod
- Frequency Repsonse: 20-20,000Hz
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: 80Hz, 12dB/octave
- Open circuit sensitivity: -40dB (10mV) re 1V at 1Pa
- Impedance: 150ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 147dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.;
- 157dB SPL, with 10dB
- Noise: 14dB SPL
- Dymanic range: 133dB, 1kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-Noise ratio: 80 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa*
- Phantom Power Requirements: 11-52V DC, 4 mA typical
- Switches: High-pass filter; 10dB pad (nominal)
- Weight: 11.6 oz. (330 g)
- Dimensions: 7.05" (179 mm) long, 1.97" (50 mm) head diameter, 1.30" to 0.87" (33 mm to 22 mm) tapered body diameter
- Output connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories: AT8470 Quiet-Flex stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded
- stands; soft protective pouch
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.