- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Audio-Technica AE5400 Cardioid Microphone
- Write a Review
- #270424 000000000 270424000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The AE5400 is intended for use in professional applications where remote power is available. It requires 11V to 52V DC phantom power, which may be pr...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The ultimate vocal performance instrument.
The AE5400 is intended for use in professional applications where remote power is available. It requires 11V to 52V DC phantom power, which may be provided by a mixer or console, or by a separate, in-line source such as the Audio-Technica AT8801 single-channel or CP8506 four-channel phantom power supplies.
Output from the microphone's XLRM-type connector is low impedance (Lo-Z) balanced. The signal appears across Pins 2 and 3; Pin 1 is ground (shield). Output phase is "Pin 2 hot" - positive acoustic pressure produces positive voltage at Pin 2. To avoid phase cancellation and poor sound, all mic cables must be wired consistently: Pin 1-to-Pin 1, etc.
When using the AE5400 in settings with a stage monitor speaker, the speaker should be located 180 off axis (at rear of the microphone). This placement, in conjunction with the microphone's uniform cardioid pickup pattern, will virtually eliminate the possibility of undesired audio feedback.
An integral 80 Hz hi-pass filter provides easy switching from a flat frequency response to a low-end roll-off. The roll-off position reduces the microphone's sensitivity to popping in close vocal use. It also reduces the pickup of low-frequency ambient noise (such as traffic, air-handling systems, etc.), room reverberation and mechanically-coupled vibrations. Avoid leaving the microphone in the open sun or in areas where temperatures exceed 110 F (43 C) for extended periods. Extremely high humidity should also be avoided.
- Large-diaphragm element and true condenser design
- Superior anti-shock engineering ensures minimal handling noise
- Robust design for enduring dependability on the road
- Integral 80Hz HPF switch and 10dB pad
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear
Order today and have the hottest vocal mic on the market.
- Element: Externally polarized (DC Bias) condenser
- Polar pattern: Cardiod
- Frequency Repsonse: 20-20,000Hz
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: 80Hz, 12dB/octave
- Open circuit sensitivity: -40dB (10mV) re 1V at 1Pa
- Impedance: 150ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 147dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.;
- 157dB SPL, with 10dB
- Noise: 14dB SPL
- Dymanic range: 133dB, 1kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-Noise ratio: 80 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa*
- Phantom Power Requirements: 11-52V DC, 4 mA typical
- Switches: High-pass filter; 10dB pad (nominal)
- Weight: 11.6 oz. (330 g)
- Dimensions: 7.05" (179 mm) long, 1.97" (50 mm) head diameter, 1.30" to 0.87" (33 mm to 22 mm) tapered body diameter
- Output connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories: AT8470 Quiet-Flex stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded
- stands; soft protective pouch
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.