- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Audio-Technica AT4049B Omnidirectional Condenser Microphone
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 501126 000000000 501126000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Audio-Technica AT4049B is a versatile omnidirectional condenser microphone recommended for professional recording and critical applications in br...Click To Read More About This Product
A versatile mic suitable for critical recording, broadcast, and room ambience capture.
The Audio-Technica AT4049B is a versatile omnidirectional condenser microphone recommended for professional recording and critical applications in broadcast. Use the AT4049B mic with confidence in a wide variety of professional miking applications, such as acoustic instruments and percussion, where proximity effect and coloration are not desired; ambient recording for clean room sound free from off-axis coloration; and distance miking of electric guitars and other instruments in great-sounding live rooms. The greatest advantage of omni mics in general and the AT4049B in particular, is the open and extended bass response and lack of phase-cancellation problems that can occur with directional mics.
Featuring direct-coupled balanced outputs for clean signals in high-output conditions, the Audio AT4049B microphone is totally free of the distortion associated with conventional transformer-coupled outputs. Its fast response to transients contributes to the open, transparent reproduction of even the most difficult-to-capture instruments. The AT4049B microphone is fully RoHS-compliant-free from all substances specified in the EU directive on the reduction of hazardous substances (RoHS).
The Audio-Technica AT4049B consists of 2 modular subassemblies: an AT4900b-48 body and an AT4049b-EL omnidirectional microphone head capsule.
- Specially engineered to meet the most critical acoustic requirements of professional recording, broadcast, and live classical recording.
- Omnidirectional polar pattern provides maximum ambient pickup
- Direct-coupled, balanced output results in a clean signal even under high-output conditions
- Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients
- Switchable 80 Hz hi-pass filter and 10 dB pad
- Rugged turned-brass microphone housing for enduring dependability
- State-of-the-art design and manufacturing techniques ensure compliance with A-T's stringent consistency and reliability standards
- RoHS-compliant ” free from all substances specified in the EU directive on the reduction of hazardous substances (RoHS)
Every mic locker should have at least one good pair of omni's - make yours the AT4049b.
- Element: Externally polarized (DC bias) capacitor
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -34 dB (19.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 50 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 145 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.;
- 155 dB SPL, with 10 dB pad (nominal)
- Noise: 16 dB SPL
- Dynamic Range (Typical): 129 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio: 78 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 48V DC, 4.8 mA typical
- Switch: Flat, roll-off; 10 dB pad (nominal)
- Weight: 130 g (4.6 oz)
- Dimensions: 155.0 mm (6.10") long, 21.0 mm (0.83") maximum body diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Optional Interchangeable Elements (sold separately):
- AT4051b-EL (cardioid);
- AT4053b-EL (hypercardioid)
- Accessories Furnished: AT8405a stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; windscreen; protective carrying case
- Audio-Technica Case Style: S1
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.