Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Audio-Technica AT4050 Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphonetrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
A desert-island all-purpose mic that can give you silky vocals or screaming guitars.
The AT4050 is an ideal microphone for studio use and live sound productions with vocals, piano, strings, drum overheads, guitar amps, and more.
¢Transparent uppers/mids balanced by rich low-end qualities combine with advanced acoustic engineering for extensive performance capabilities and highest quality
¢Dual-diaphragm capsule design maintains precise polar pattern definition across the full frequency range of the microphone
¢The 2-micron-thick, vapor-deposited gold diaphragms undergo a 5-step aging process so that the optimum characteristics achieved remain constant over years of use
¢Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients
¢Open acoustical environment of the symmetrical housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections
¢State-of-the-art surface-mount electronics ensure compliance with A-T's stringent consistency and reliability standards
Requires phantom power.
- Transparent uppers/mids balanced by rich low-end qualities combine with advanced acoustic engineering for extensive performance capabilities and highest quality
- Dual-diaphragm capsule design maintains precise polar pattern definition across the full frequency range of the microphone
- The 2-micron-thick, vapor-deposited gold diaphragms undergo a five-step aging process so that the optimum characteristics achieved remain constant over years of use
- Three switchable polar patterns: omni, cardioid, figure-of-eight
- Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients
- State-of-the-art surface-mount electronics ensure compliance with A-T's stringent consistency and reliability standards
- Switchable 80 Hz hi-pass filter and 10 dB pad
- Custom shock mount provides superior isolation
An exceptional value and a great studio tool. Order your AT4050 today.
AT4050 Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone Specifications:
- Element: exterally-polarized (DC bias) condenser
- Polar pattern: cardioid, omnidirectional, figure-of-eight
- Frequency response: 80-18,000Hz
- Low frequency roll-off: 80Hz, 12dB/octave
- Open circuit sensitivity: -36dB (15.8 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 100 ohms
- Maximum input sound level: 149dB SPL, 1kHz at 1% T.H.D., 159dB SPL, with 10dB pad (nominal)
- Dynamic range (typical): 132 333dB, 1kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 77dB, 1kHz at 1Pa
- Phantom power requirements: 48V DC, 4.2 ma typical
- Switches: polar selection; flat, roll-off; 10dB pad (nominal)
- Weight: 18.0 oz. (510 g)
- Dimensions: 7.40" (188.0 mm) long, 2.10" (53.4 mm) maximum body diameter
- Output connectors: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories furnished: AT8449 shock mount for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; microphone dust cover; protective carrying case
- Audio-Technica case style: R1
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.