- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Audio-Technica AT4080 Bidirectional Active Ribbon Microphone
- Product 583830
The groundbreaking Audio-Technica AT4080 Microphone achieves coveted ribbon microphone sound while solving the fragility and low output problems that...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Handmade bidirectional ribbon mic with high SPL capability, superior durability, and more.
The groundbreaking Audio-Technica AT4080 Microphone achieves coveted ribbon microphone sound while solving the fragility and low output problems that have historically plagued ribbon mics. Delivering the warm, smooth sound of a classic ribbon microphone, the handcrafted bidirectional AT4080 offers a robust build for long-lasting, reliable performance, as well as higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers.
Equally at home in recording studios and live-sound settings, the AT4080 microphone boasts Audio-Technica's innovative MicroLinear ribbon imprint, which protects the dual ribbons from lateral flexing and distortion.
The innovative AT ribbon transducer advances the evolution of ribbon microphone design. Other enhancements include powerful N50 neodymium magnets for high output level, ultra-fine mesh to protect the ribbon against damage, high-SPL capability, and extended frequency response. The bidirectional AT4080 ribbon mic's housing assembly is open acoustically to minimize unwanted internal audio reflections.
- Smooth, warm and natural high-fidelity sound for professional recording, broadcast, and sound reinforcement
- Groundbreaking Audio-Technica ribbon design with 18 patents pending
- Proprietary MicroLinear ribbon imprint for superior durability
- Innovative dual ribbon construction for increased sensitivity
- Extremely powerful N50 neodymium magnets for high output level
- Ultra-fine mesh helps protect against ribbon damage
- Classic bidirectional (figure-of-eight) polar pattern picks up sounds equally from the front and back of the element
- High-SPL capability and extended frequency response
- Extended frequency response for natural audio reproduction
- Acoustic baffle system and extra large output transformer provide natural low-frequency response and extended dynamic range
- Handmade production ” including ribbon corrugation, imprint, and assembly
- Open acoustical environment of the housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections
- Phantom-powered active electronics provide stable impedance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers
- Custom shock mount provides superior isolation
- Certified by the METAlliance (Music Engineering and Technology Alliance)
- Accessories Furnished: AT8449/SV shock mount for 5/8"-27 threaded stands, microphone dust cover, protective R1-style carrying case
- Element; Ribbon
- Polar Pattern: Figure-of-eight
- Frequency Response: 20-18,000Hz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: ”39dB (11.2 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 100 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 150dB SPL, 1kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Noise: 22dB SPL
- Dynamic Range (Typical): 128dB, 1kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio: 72dB, 1kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 48V DC, 3.0 mA typical
- Weight: 474g (16.7oz.)
- Dimensions: 177.5mm (6.99") long, 53.4mm (2.10") maximum body diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type