- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Audio-Technica AT898 Subminiature Cardioid Condenser Lavalier Microphone
- Write a Review
- #275072 000000000 275072000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Designed to be worn as a lavalier or hidden in clothing, Audio-Technica's discreet-design cardioid AT898 microphone offers maximum intelligibility, a...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Super discreet design with maximum intelligibility and clean, accurate reproduction.
Designed to be worn as a lavalier or hidden in clothing, Audio-Technica's discreet-design cardioid AT898 microphone offers maximum intelligibility, accurate voice reproduction and unobtrusive appearance for use in houses of worship, broadcast studios, group fitness classes, theaters, etc. The headset mic has switchable low-frequency roll-off that reduces sensitivity to popping. Battery or phantom power.
Consumer Alert:Most users do not need a license to operate this wireless microphone system. Nevertheless, operating this microphone system without a license is subject to certain restrictions: the system may not cause harmful interference; it must operate at a low power level (not in excess of 50 milliwatts); and it has no protection from interference received from any other device. Purchasers should also be aware that the FCC is currently evaluating use of wireless microphone systems, and these rules are subject to change. For more information, call the FCC at 1-888-CALL-FCC (TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC) or visit the FCC's wireless microphone website at: www.fcc.gov/cgb/wirelessmicrophones.
- Maximum intelligibility and clean, accurate reproduction for lecturers, stage and television talent, and houses of worship
- Low-profile design (a mere 5 mm in diameter) is ideal for applications requiring minimum visibility
- Operates on battery or phantom power
- Extensive array of provided accessories includes a clothing clip, viper clip, magnet clip and lanyard (black models only), windscreens, interchangeable single and double mic holders
- Accessories available separately
- 9.8' (3.0 m) cable permanently attached to mic, TA3F connector at power module
Order today with the protection of our 45-day lowest price and total satisfaction guarantees!
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency response: 200-15,000 Hz
- Low Frequency roll-off: 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Open circuit sensitivity
- Phantom: ”43 dB (6.3 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Battery: ”46 dB (5.6 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Phantom: 200 ohms
- Battery: 250 ohms
- Maximum input sound level:
- Phantom: 131 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Battery: 115 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic range (typical):
- Phantom: 100 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Battery: 84 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 63 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1 Pa;
- Phantom power requirements: 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
- Battery Type: 1.5V AA/UM3
- Battery Current/Life: 0.4 mA / 1200 hours typical (alkaline)
- Weight (microphone): 0.03 oz. (0.9 g)
- Weight (power module): 3.6 oz. (102 g)
- Dimensions (microphone): 0.91" (23 mm) long, 0.21" (5.30 mm) diameter
- Dimensions (power module): 5.71" (145 mm) long, 0.83" (21.0 mm) diameter
- Output connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Cable: 9.8' (3.0 m) long (permanently attached to microphone), 0.08" (2.0 mm) diameter, 2-conductor, shielded cable with TA3F output connector that mates with TB3M jack on power module
- Accessories furnished: AT8537 power module; AT8439 cable clip; clothing clip base; viper clip base; magnet clip base and plate with lanyard; three single mic holders; two double mic holders; two windscreens; battery; protective carrying case
- Audio-Technica case style: M30
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.