- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Audio-Technica BP40 Large Diaphragm Dynamic Vocal Microphone
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J23015 000000000 J23015000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Designed for broadcast, the BP40 lends your speaking voice a tight, crisp, full and authoritative tone. It is ideal for DJs, VJs and podcasters, and ...Click To Read More About This Product
Broadcast mic with natural, largely uncolored response.
Designed for broadcast, the BP40 lends your speaking voice a tight, crisp, full and authoritative tone. It is ideal for DJs, VJs and podcasters, and is also great for spoken word recording. The BP40 broadcast vocal microphone offers a rich, natural, condenser-like sound from a large-diaphragm dynamic design. The large diaphragm features patented floating-edge construction that maximizes diaphragm surface area and optimizes overall diaphragm performance, while the humbucking voice coil prevents electromagnetic interference (EMI).
With rugged construction and stylish, waveform-inspired design, the BP40 delivers clear and articulate reproduction. Optimized capsule placement helps maintain a commanding vocal presence even at a distance, while the multistage windscreen provides superior internal pop filtering. Mic also includes a switchable 100 Hz high-pass filter to provide even more pop protection.
¢ Rich, natural, condenser-like sound
¢ Large diameter diaphragm with patented floating-edge construction for optimal diaphragm performance
¢ Humbucking coil prevents electromagnetic interference (EMI)
¢ Hypercardioid polar pattern improves isolation
¢ Switchable 100 Hz high-pass filter
¢ Superior off-axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback
¢ Optimized capsule placement for commanding vocal presence even at a distance
¢ Multistage windscreen provides superior internal pop filtering
¢ Rugged, all-metal construction for dependable use in professional broadcast environments
- Frequency response: 50Hz to 16kHz
- Max SPL: 135 dB
- Connectivity: XLR
- Capsule: Dynamic
- Pattern: Hypercardioid
- Type: Mounted
- Applications: Studio, podcast, webcast
- Phantom power required: Yes (48V)
- Length: 6.45" (164 mm)
- Width: 2.2" (56 mm)
- Depth: 2.2" (56 mm)
- Weight: 10.58 oz. (300 g)
- Case: Pouch
- Clip: Hard rubber
- Power supply: No
Order today and lend your podcasts and broadcasting projects a professional sheen.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.