- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Audio-Technica U851RO Omnidirectional boundary mic
- Write a Review
- H73902 000000000 H73902000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Featuring breakthrough audio and mechanical design innovations, the phantom-powered U851RO offers outstanding speech intelligibility and transparent ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Offers outstanding speech intelligibility, transparent sound, and wide frequency response.
Featuring breakthrough audio and mechanical design innovations, the phantom-powered U851RO offers outstanding speech intelligibility and transparent sound quality for surface-mount applications. The omnidirectional microphone is equipped with a PivotPoint rotating output connector, UniSteep filter and UniGuard RFI-shielding technology.
The U851RO accepts interchangeable condenser elements in cardioid and hypercardioid polar patterns. With a heavy die-cast case and silicon foam bottom pads to minimize coupling of surface vibration to the microphone, the U851RO is equipped with self-contained electronics, eliminating the need for an external power module.
- Designed for surface-mount applications such as high-quality sound reinforcement, professional recording, television, conferencing and other demanding sound pickup situations
- Low-profile element provides uniform omnidirectional polar pattern with 360º acceptance angle
- PivotPoint rotating output connector allows cable to exit from either the rear or the bottom of the microphone
- UniGuard RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- UniSteep filter provides a steep low-frequency attenuation to improve sound pickup without affecting voice quality
- Self-contained electronics eliminate need for external power module
- Small-diameter UniPoint capsule near boundary eliminates phase distortion and delivers clear, high-output performance
- Heavy die-cast case and non-slip silicone foam bottom pads minimize coupling of surface vibration to the microphone
- Low-profile design with low-reflectance finish for minimum visibility
Get great results for your recordings with this essential mic. Order today.
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional in hemisphere above mounting surface
- Frequency Response: 30-20,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -31 dB (28.2 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 200 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 132 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range (typical): 111 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 73 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 11-52V DC, 4 mA typical
- Switch: Flat, roll-off
- Weight: 262 g (9.2 oz)
- Dimensions: 108.0 mm (4.25") maximum length,
- 84.0 mm (3.31") maximum width,
- 23.0 mm (0.91") maximum height
- Output Connector: TB3M-type
- Cable: 7.6 m (25.0') long, 3.2 mm (0.13") diameter, 2-conductor, shielded cable with TA3F-type and XLRM-type connectors
- Optional Interchangeable Elements: UE-C cardioid (120);
- UE-H hypercardioid (100)
- Accessory Furnished: Soft protective pouch
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.