Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Audix MB5055 MicroBoom-50 With M1255B Microphone Hypercardioidtrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Audix MB5055 MicroBoom-50 With M1255B Microphone Hypercardioid
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
A versatile pro modular mini mic and boom stand system.
MicroBoom-50 Boom System
The MicroBoom-50 is a simple-to-use modular system that can be used with a choice of capsules in the Audix Micros series, offering a broad choice of pick-up pattern and frequency response. The MicroBoom-50 System is a problem solver for many hard-to-reach miking applications including choir, plays, and orchestra. It is 50 inches long and is made from a strong, lightweight carbon fiber. High quality shielded cable is used internally to insure the cleanest audio signal path between the microphone and the bottom of the boom, which terminates in a mini-XLR male connector.
The stand adapter designed for the MicroBoom allows for total control over the angle, rotation, and position of the carbon fiber rod. A metal thumbscrew locks the rod firmly in place. The angle and position of the microphone is controlled using the flexible metal gooseneck below the microphone. The MicroBoom-50 provides an ultra-clean, professional, and elegant appearance on stage while providing exceptional performance and portability.
M1255B Miniaturized Condenser Microphone
The M1255B, a miniaturized condenser microphone with a fully integrated preamp and detachable cable, is designed with a very high sensitivity for distance miking. Applications include ceiling mount or table mount for conferencing, overhead choir miking, location recording, audience or room miking.
The M1255B has complete immunity from RF interference caused by cell phones and GSM devices. The M1255B, which is equipped with a cardioid capsule, is also available with hypercardioid, omni or supercardioid (shotgun) capsules, giving the microphone the unique ability to be used in a wide variety of live, studio and broadcast applications.
A wide array of optional clips and accessories (sold separately) allow the M1255B to be used for musical instruments, overhead stage miking, podiums, conferences and presentations.
FeaturesMicroBoom-50 Boom Mic System
- Lightweight, rigid
- Portable, easy to position
- Clean, elegant appearance
- Choice of capsules
- Exceptional sound quality
- No external power adapter needed
- Attaches to any mic stand
- Can be used horizontally or vertically
- Ensemble vocal
- Orchestral zone miking
- Location recording
- Conference room
- Small, lightweight, low profile
- Miniaturized integrated preamp circuitry
- No external power adapter needed
- 12 mm gold vapor diaphragm
- Immune to RF interference
- Extremely low noise, high sensitivity
- Available with a cardioid, hypercardioid, omni or supercardioid (shotgun) capsule
- Overhead mic for choir, group vocal
- Acoustic instruments
- Ambient room miking
- Symphonic area miking
- Speech, presentation
- 25' shielded mic cable
- Mini-XLR(female) - XLR(male) (CBL-M25)
- Mic stand adapter with thumbscrew and wing nut adjustments (MC-MICRO)
- Hanging clip: (MC-HANGER)
- Windscreen (WS1218)
Great for a wide variety of live, studio and broadcast applications.
MB5055 MicroBoom-50 With M1255B Microphone Specifications:MicroBoom-50 Boom Mic System:
- Material: rod carbon fiber
- Gooseneck: steel
- Connectors: brass
- Length: 50" / 1,270 mm
- Diameter: .20" / 5.08 mm
- Connectors: bottom: mini-XLR male; top: mini-XLR female
- Weight: 4 oz. / 111 grams (without mic or clip)
- Finish: non-reflective black
- Transducer type: condenser
- Frequency response: 50 Hz–19 kHz
- Polar pattern: Cardioid, hypercardioid, omni,
- Output impedance: 150 ohms
- Sensitivity: 32 mV / Pa @ 1k
- Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted): 73dB
- Equivalent noise level (A-weighted): 21dB
- Maximum SPL @ .5% THD: 130dB
- Dynamic Range: 109 dB
- Power Requirements: 18–52V
- Connector: 3 pin mini-XLR(male)
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3
- Housing: Machined brass
- Finish: Powder coat
- Weight 0.7 oz. / 0.20g
- Length 2.1" / 54 mm
Also Available In These Cost-Saving Bundles
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.