- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Audix VX5 Handheld Supercardioid Condenser Microphone
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 271003 000000000 271003000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Audix VX5 is a hand-held vocal condenser microphone designed to handle a wide variety of live, studio and broadcast applications.With a smooth fr...Click To Read More About This Product
Stylish and innovative.
The Audix VX5 is a hand-held vocal condenser microphone designed to handle a wide variety of live, studio and broadcast applications.
With a smooth frequency response of 40Hz - 16.5kHz (plus or minus 3 dB), the VX5 microphone features a 14mm gold vapor diaphragm, a supercardioid polar pattern, a -10dB pad, a bass roll-off filter, an acoustically ported steel mesh grill screen, and a rugged die cast zinc body.
The VX5 will handle sound pressure levels in excess of 140dB (in the pad and roll-off position) without distortion and will additionally provide over 20 dB of ambient noise rejection for feedback control on live stages.
The Audix VX5 operates on phantom power of 9-52 volts and will achieve optimum results when used with a high quality mic preamp. In addition to vocal applications, the VX5 mic is ideally suited to capture acoustic instruments such as
guitar, woodwinds, brass, percussion toys, and drum overheads and hi-hat.
- Extremely smooth and accurate response
- Perfectly balanced for handheld use
- -10 dB pad and bass roll-off
- Handles high sound pressure levels
- Excellent gain before feedback
- Low handling noise
- Pop resistant grill
- Supplied Accessories: gMC1 - High quality nylon mic clip adjustable through 180 degrees with a standard 5/8 inch ”27 thread. (Note: metal adapter also supplied to accommodate European standard threads).
- Transducer Type: Electret Condenser
- Frequency Response 40 Hz-16.5 kHz ±3 dB
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Output Impedance: 150 Ohms
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: 6.9 mV (ref 1k @ 1 Pascal)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 26 dB (A weighted)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 68 dB
- (ref 1k @ 1 Pascal)
- Off axis rejection: >20 dB
- Maximum SPL: >140 dB (w/-10 pad)
- Cable/Connector: 3 pin gold platedmale
- XLR connector
- Polarity: Positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of output XLR connector
- Housing: Die cast zinc
- Weight: 8 oz / 227 grams
- Finish: Black E-coat
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.