- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Avantone CLA-10 Chris Lord-Alge Passive Studio Monitor Pair
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L29953 000000000 L29953000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Working in collaboration with 5-time Grammy Award-winning mixing engineer Chris Lord-Alge, Avantone re-introduces the character, sound and spirit of ...Click To Read More About This Product
Reference your mixes with the precision of classic studio monitors.
Working in collaboration with 5-time Grammy Award-winning mixing engineer Chris Lord-Alge, Avantone re-introduces the character, sound and spirit of Yamaha’s NS10 Studio Monitors with their CLA-10 Studio Monitors. For decades, legendary mixing engineers like Bob Clearmountain, Nigel Jopson, Tony Maserati and Jack Joseph Puig have turned to Yamaha’s NS10s as a critical listening tool to ensure their mixes sound great on any speaker system. As the saying goes, “if it sounds good on NS10s, it will sound good anywhere.” With Avantone's CLA-10s, a powerful referencing monitor is available to a new generation of music producers and mixing engineers.
A tremendous amount of attention has been put into ensuring that the look and performance of the CLA-10s match the original speakers. The CLA-10 is made from MDF with a real wood veneer and features an updated rear terminal plate and upgraded connector.
The AV10-MHF tweeter dome went through a difficult engineering process to get the exact phenolic resin doping to match the NS10’s original performance curve while the AV10-MLF woofer cone is made to match the original. In fact, Avantone worked with the original supplier of the NS10 cones to ensure the same stiffness, weight and sonic performance.
- Re-creation of legendary NS10 speakers
- Identical in performance and design
- Identical tweeter and improved woofer
- Midrange sound clearly exposes issues to fix in your mix
- Sold as a pair
Mix music that sounds great on all systems with Avantone's CLA-10 Studio Monitors.
- Size: Nearfield
- System type: Passive
- Configuration: Not Specified
- Low-frequency driver: 7"
- Mid-frequency driver: None
- High-frequency driver: 1.3"
- Full-range driver: None
- Driver type: AV10-MLF
- Frequency response: 60Hz-20kHz
- Max peak SPL: 90dB
- Amplifier class: Not Specified
- Output power: 120W
- Input connectors: 2x binding posts
- Standby mode: No
- Acoustic space control: No
- Power indicator: No
- Width: 15"
- Height: 7.75"
- Depth: 8.5"
- Weight: 13.9 lbs
- Enclosure type: Sealed MDF
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.