- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Avid MTRX Base Unit with MADI
- Write a Review
- #L18443 000000000 L18443000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The MTRX solves a major problem in pro audio: syncing digital and analog formats to work seamlessly together. The unit delivers pristine sound qualit...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Enter a new world of high-fidelity and flexibility.
The MTRX solves a major problem in pro audio: syncing digital and analog formats to work seamlessly together. The unit delivers pristine sound quality with extensive monitoring and routing capabilities in a versatile audio interface for Pro Tools HDX, HD Native, and other pro audio applications. With MTRX, you gain the superior sonic quality of Digital Audio Denmark’s (DAD’s) legendary analog-to-digital converters, plus flexible routing and monitor control when used as a standalone device or with Avid Pro Mixing surfaces. And because the interface can be customized with all the analog and digital I/O you need, you can take on the most demanding music and post-production challenges. Effortlessly.
Achieve Exceptional Sound
Digital Audio Denmark’s AD and DA converters are renowned for delivering the cleanest, most transparent, and highly detailed sound. By incorporating these converters, Pro Tools | MTRX enables you to get the best sound quality possible from your Pro Tools | HD system—up to 384 kHz DSD. And because it does double duty as both an audio I/O and monitor interface, it offers exceptional versatility too.
Expand Your Monitor Control
Take full remote control of all sources, monitors, and speaker sets directly from Pro Tools. Pro Tools | MTRX includes Pro | Mon 2, putting complete monitoring, talkback, summing, and fold-down control at your fingertips, whether you’re mixing in mono, stereo, 5.1, 7.1, 9.1, or even a 64-channel immersive audio mix.
Get the I/O You Need
Pro Tools | MTRX is fully modular, so you can customize it with a wide variety of I/O and interface options. From analog inputs, outputs, and high-quality mic pres, to Dante, MADI, AES3, 3G-SDI, and more, you have the interface versatility you need to connect with any type of gear and route any signal between the various I/O formats.
Route Audio with Abandon
Using DADman software, you can route, split, and patch audio quickly, flexibly, and extensively, with a matrix capacity of up to 1,500 x 1,500 cross points. You can feed any input to any output, or even send audio to multiple outputs simultaneously, giving you unlimited workflow possibilities.
- AES/EBU I/O: Eight AES pairs (16 mono) via two D25 connectors
- MADI I/O: Coaxial interface with 64 I/O channels via BNC connectors
- Option card slots: Eight available for I/O customization
- System sync: Word Clock/video black burst (VBB) I/O via BNC connectors; AES11 input
- Pro Tools interface: Two 32-channel DigiLink Mini connectors (64 channels total)
- Sample rate Supports: 44.1 kHz–384 kHz, as well as DSD 64/DSD 128 with high precision internal clock and PLL
- Power: Dual power supplies (internal)
- Chassis: 2U 19-inch rack-mountable unit (482.6 mm)
Experience the power and flexibility of Pro Tools MTRX.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear