- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Avid S3 Pro Tools Control Surface Studio
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J16446 000000000 J16446000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Based on the award-winning Avid Pro Tools | S6, Pro Tools | S3 is a compact, EUCON-enabled, ergonomic desktop control surface that offers a streamlin...Click To Read More About This Product
The perfect Pro Tools controller.
Based on the award-winning Avid Pro Tools | S6, Pro Tools | S3 is a compact, EUCON-enabled, ergonomic desktop control surface that offers a streamlined yet versatile mixing solution for the modern sound engineer. Like S6, S3 delivers intelligent control over every aspect of Pro Tools and other DAWs, but at a more affordable price. While its small form factor makes it ideal for space-confined or on-the-go music and post mixing, it packs enormous power and accelerated mixing efficiency for faster turnarounds, making it the perfect fit everywhere, from project studios to the largest, most demanding facilities.
Take complete control of your studio
Experience the deep and versatile DAW control that only Avid can deliver. With its
intelligent, ergonomic design and full EUCON support, S3 puts tightly integrated recording, editing, and mixing control at your fingertips, enabling you to work smarter and faster-with your choice of DAWs-to expand your mixing capabilities and job opportunities. And because S3 is application-aware, you can switch between different DAW sessions in seconds. Plus, its compact footprint fits easily into any space, giving you full reign of the "sweet spot."
Work smarter and faster
S3 combines traditional console layout design with the proven advancements of Pro Tools | S6, ensuring highly intuitive operation, regardless of your experience level. From record-enabling, soloing, and muting tracks, to editing plug-ins, recalling layouts, and automating mixes, you get the tactile control you need to create great sounding mixes faster-with much more precision than working with a keyboard and mouse alone. Plus, when paired with Pro Tools, you gain the advantage of faster workflows and unique features that accelerate your efficiency every step of the way. If you know Pro Tools, you'll feel right at home with S3.
- 16 channel strips, each with a touch-sensitive, motorized fader and 10-segment signal level meter
- 32 touch-sensitive, push-button rotary encoders for panning, gain control, plug-in parameter adjustments, and more (16 channel control, 16 assignable), each with a tricolor LED function indicator
- 32 high-resolution OLED displays for viewing track names/numbers, detailed metering data (from mono to 5.1 surround), parameter names/values, current automation mode, and more
- Solo, mute, channel select, and record/automation enable keys on every channel
- Touch strip provides easy access to transport controls; S3 can also be used alongside Artist Transport if you need full jog/shuttle wheel controls
- Dozens of dedicated buttons and switches for navigation, automation, control assignment, and software control
- Built-in 4x6 AVB Core Audio interface includes 2 mic/line inputs, 2 line inputs, 4 line outputs, and a stereo headphone output
Order today and complete your Pro Tools studio.
- Channel strips/faders: 16 channel strips, each with a touch-sensitive,
- motorized fader
- Encoders: 32 touch-sensitive, push-button rotary encoders
- (16 channel control, 16 assignable), each with a
- tricolor LED function indicator
- Metering: 16 10-segment meters, with pre- and post-fade
- metering options
- Analog inputs: 4 total”2 XLR mic/line inputs, 2 TRS line inputs
- Analog outputs: 4 total”2 XLR line outputs, 2 TRS line outputs
- Headphone output: 1 (1/4-inch TRS) with level control
- Ancillary I/O: 2 Gigabit Ethernet AVB ports, 2 USB 2.0 ports,
- 1 footswitch port (1/4-inch TRS)
- Height (front, rear with knobs): 1.3 inches, 2.8 inches (3.2 cm, 7.2 cm)
- Width x depth 28 x 14.3 inches (71 x 36.3 cm)
- Weight :13.8 lbs (6.2 kg)
- Software compatibility (subject to change)
- Avid Pro Tools 11.2.1 or higher
- Avid Pro Tools | HD 11.2.1 or higher
- Avid Media Composer 8.1 or higher
- Apple Logic Pro X¢ Steinberg Cubase 7 or higher
- Steinberg Nuendo 6.5 or higher
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.