- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
BAE 1028 Rackmount
With Power Supply
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #J18921 000002000 J18921000002000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
BAE Audio is known for manufacturing high-end microphone preamps and EQs that are faithful to original vintage designs from the 70s and earlier. BAE ...Click To Read More About This Product
Neve-inspired 1U rackmount preamp.
BAE Audio is known for manufacturing high-end microphone preamps and EQs that are faithful to original vintage designs from the 70s and earlier. BAE prides itself on using high-end transformers for their products, and everything is kept as close to the vintage philosophy as possible. Not only does BAE choose the highest quality components, they also insist that everything is hand-wired/soldered using discreet electronics and not economized on a circuit board.
The 1028 is completely hand-wired using Carnhill (St. Ives) transformers. It has the exact same mic/line preamp as the 1073, but with significantly more frequencies in the mid and hi sections. Aside from simply offering more frequency settings to play with, these expanded EQ sections also allow you to play the mid bell curve directly against the high and low shelves where they overlap. This capability opens the tone shaping possibilities in very interesting and musical ways. The 1028 includes the same low pass filter as the 1084, giving it 28 frequencies.
- Hand wired using Carnhill (St. Ives) transformers
- High Frequency: +/-16dB shelving with selectable frequencies
- Low Frequency: +/-16dB shelving with selectable frequencies
- Mid Range: +/-12dB or +/-18dB peaking with switchable selectable centre frequencies
- High Pass Filter: 18dB per octave slope, switchable between 45Hz, 70Hz, 160Hz & 360Hz
- Low Pass Filter: 18dB per octave slope, switchable between 6kHz, 8kHz, 10kHz, 14kHz, & 18kHz
- EQ Button: Switches the equaliser on or off
- Phase Button: 180
As close to the original as you can get, order yours today!
- 10Hz to -3dB at 55kHz
- HF: +/-16dB fixed frequency shelving at 10kHz,12kHz, 16kHz, 20kHz and 24kHz
- LF: +/-16dB shelving with selectable frequencies of 35Hz, 60Hz, 110Hz & 220Hz
- MF: +/-18dB +/-12dB or +/-18dB peaking with switchable selectable centre frequencies of 160Hz, 270Hz, 360Hz, 510Hz, 700Hz, 1.6kHz, 3.2kHz, 4.8kHz, 7.2kHz, 8.2kHz, 10kHz
- 45Hz, 70Hz, 160Hz & 360Hz
- 18dB per octave slope, switchable between 6kHz, 8kHz, 10kHz, 14kHz & 18kHz
- ‰ˆ1200/300 ohms
- 10k ohms
- ‰ˆ150k ohms
- 65 ohms
- 100dB min @ 60Hz
- +27.4 dBu @ 600„¦
- 115/230 VAC, 28W
- 0 to 80 dB
- -110 dBu; Unweighted 300kHz Bandwidth
- 6 LBS/2.72 KG 10 LBS/4.54 KG
- 45 mm W x 8.75 inches H x 10.5 inches D 19W x 1.75L x 9D
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.