- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
BAE 312B Module
- Write a Review
- J18927 000000000 J18927000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
BAE Audio is known for manufacturing high-end microphone preamps and EQs that are faithful to original vintage designs from the 70s and earlier. BAE ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Mic preamp and DI in a 500 Series format.
BAE Audio is known for manufacturing high-end microphone preamps and EQs that are faithful to original vintage designs from the 70s and earlier. BAE prides itself on using high-end transformers for their products, and everything is kept as close to the vintage philosophy as possible. Not only does BAE choose the highest quality components, they also insist that everything is hand-wired/soldered using discreet electronics and not economized on a circuit board.
The 312B Signature Series carries the same excellent dynamic range, frequency response and noise performance the BAE 312 series is known for, but with a newly introduced and modified gain structure which utilizes a lower gain Jensen input transformer, designed to compliment louder sources before needing to implement the pad.
The 312A's higher gain structure occasionally required the pad to be used frequently with louder sources, such as a hot microphone on drums. The 312B uses an alternative Jensen transformer putting it at 7dB's of lower gain to accommodate louder sources without losing the dynamic characteristics of the 312A. This allows engineers the option of owning the 312A as a pre-amp geared toward higher gain and the 312B for toward lower gain.
The 312B, just like the 312A, features the Avedis 1122 Discrete Op-Amp and input and output Jensen transformers which use direct-coupled circuitry with no capacitors in the signal path. The input impedance of the 312B is designed to remain consistent, even after the pad is engaged, providing a steady load to the microphone. The characteristics of the 312B offer excellent dynamic range, frequency response, high headroom, and excellent noise performance for a punchy sound which works well with many microphones.
- Made using Avedis 1122 opamps
- Supplied with Jensen input and output transformers
- Remote power supply with four-foot cable capable of four times the current needed by the preamps for optimum sound quality
- Switches have gold contacts for long life
- XLR connectors on the back for mic input and output and phone jack in front for direct input
- High impedance direct input for guitar and synthesizer
- Separate front panel switches for phantom power
As close to the original as you can get, order yours today!
- 5Hz to 75kHz (-3dB)
- 1400 ohms
- 10k ohms
- 250k ohms
- 75 ohms
- 110dB min @ 60Hz
- +27.1 dBu @ 600 ohm
- 40mA per Rail (Module)
- 3 to 59 dB
- -120 dBu; Unweighted 300kHz Bandwidth
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.