- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Behringer TRUTH B1030A Active Monitor (Single)
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 485794 000000000 485794000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Behringer TRUTH B1030A Reference Monitor speaks nothing but the truth. When it comes to your studio recordings, you want honesty. In fact, consid...Click To Read More About This Product
A high-resolution, active 2-way reference studio monitor with 5.25" Kevlar woofer.
The Behringer TRUTH B1030A Reference Monitor speaks nothing but the truth. When it comes to your studio recordings, you want honesty. In fact, considering how important your art is, you should demand it! The TRUTH B1020A monitor also sounds great hooked up to your stereo or to your video surround system even though they were really built with studios in mind‚Äîwhere every note you play or sing is under the microscope.
Built on the Behringer Legacy
Behringer's TRUTH B2030A and B2031A monitors offer the neutral sound of a true reference monitor. Ask any recording engineer and they will tell you that listening to a recording on just a single set of monitors doesn't always paint an accurate picture of the mix. Since people listen to music at home, in their cars, on MP3 players, etc., it is critical your final mix be heard on as many sizes and types of speakers as possible. That's the reason Behringer created these smaller B1030A monitors, plus they make ideal rear-channel speakers for surround sound applications.
Years of Behringer R'n'D
For the past 2 years Behringer's research and development team has been on a mission to create the "perfect" studio monitor. They tried a variety of transducers and enclosure designs, along with existing and emerging technologies. When all the dust settled, they chose to deploy an ultrahigh resolution 1" dome tweeter and a long-throw 5.25" Kevlar-coned woofer in the B1030A.
Kevlar has an incredible strength-to-weight ratio‚Äîthat's one reason it's used in bulletproof vests. Kevlar gives the LF transducer the strength to handle the extremely high energy levels required for distortion-free, chest-pounding bass. And since they have such low mass, Kevlar speaker cones also respond much more quickly than those made of paper, important for not only maintaining bass content integrity, but critical for midrange accuracy and definition. Behringer's Kevlar transducers reproduce even the subtlest nuance of the low-frequency realm without muddying the midrange.
Power to the People
It takes quite a bit more than just a "bulletproof" woofer and a high-tech tweeter stuck inside a fancy box to make a studio monitor of this class. It also takes power‚Äîand lots of it! But even more importantly, that power has to be matched to the individual high- and low-frequency transducers. Behringer builds every single component from the ground up. They packed 75 watts of biamped technology (including a time- and phase-corrected active crossover) into every B1030A, ensuring that you have the power reserves you'll need to drive them really hard.
Designed to Work in Your Environment
The ideal environment for listening is a room that is "flat," neither too reflective (echoes) nor too absorptive (where the sound is muffled). But since all rooms are not the same acoustically, all TRUTH monitors come equipped to function in a wide variety of situations. Switches are provided to adapt the monitor's low- and high-frequency characteristics for optimal performance specific to your listening environment.
Placement is also critical. Ideally, all loudspeakers should be placed away from walls to ensure proper bass response. But fear not, B1030A monitors feature Room Compensation switches so you can place them against walls, or even in corners. Walls tend to enhance low frequency content, and corners exaggerate bass even more, but your TRUTH monitor can be custom-tailored to provide honest bass response for your situation, with the simple flick of a switch or two.
Non-Fatiguing, Wide "Sweet Spot"
While some of Behringer's competitors' studio monitors have a highly focused "sweet spot" (the optimal listening position for a pair of loudspeakers), Behringer's wave-guide is designed to create a much more generous, broader listening zone. That means you won't wear a hole in the carpet in that one spot where everything sounds great. You are free to move around inside the stereo image to find the ideal spot in the mix for subtle instrument or effects placement opportunities.
You also won't suffer the ravages of "monitor-fatigue-syndrome," an ailment that comes from listening to harsh high-mids and treble content for hours on end‚Äîa pretty important consideration for those all-night mixdown sessions that can really test your nerves.
What's Up with the RCA Connectors?
Yes, it is a bit unconventional to put RCA sockets on a studio monitor‚Äîbut why not? Now you can connect B1030A loudspeakers to your computer, MP3 player or television receiver for amazing sonic performance. For a truly versatile setup, use one of Behringer's USB audio interfaces (the UCA222, for example) to connect to/from your computer. This convenient setup allows you to monitor your recording projects, and mix and master them directly from your computer. And you can place these speakers right next to your video monitor, thanks to B1030A's internal magnetic shielding.
Hearing is Believing
Behringer could bore you to tears with all the technical jargon, but hearing the TRUTH will make you a believer. From the "bulletproof" bass of its Kevlar woofer to the silky top-end of its HF dome tweeter, Behringer thinks you'll agree that nothing in this class outperforms the B1030A.
- Ultralinear studio monitor with true active design
- Precision Class A/B amplifiers with active protection circuits: 50W for LF/25W for HF
- Ultrahigh resolution, ferrofluid-cooled 1" dome tweeter for ultimate sound reproduction
- Long-throw 5.25" woofer with deformation-resistant Kevlar cone for ultimate bass response
- Ultimate dispersion characteristics and extremely large "sweet spot" owing to advanced wave guide technology
- High-precision crossover network with 4th order Linkwitz-Riley filters
- Adjustable to a wide range of acoustic conditions
- Separately controlled limiter for low- and high-frequency overload protection
- Magnetic shielding allows placement near computer monitors
- "Planet Earth" power supply for maximum flexibility (100 “ 240V), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
- Servo-balanced inputs with XLR, 1/4" and unbalanced RCA connectors
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
Hear the truth. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.