- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
BSS Audio AR-133 Active DI Box
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 186309 000000000 186309000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The AR-133 Active DI Box from BSS Audio uses an enhanced version of the same audio path as the AR-116, now regarded by many people as a reference sta...Click To Read More About This Product
Added functionality and enhanced audio performance for a price that won't break the bank.
The AR-133 Active DI Box from BSS Audio uses an enhanced version of the same audio path as the AR-116, now regarded by many people as a reference standard. The sound quality is legendary, particularly on acoustic and bass guitars. Numerous applications can be satisfied by the AR-133. For example, as well as the traditional guitar use, the AR-133 can be used with keyboards, DJ consoles, amplifier outputs, and other electronic sources. An additional bonus is the ability to use the AR-133 as an active balancing device.
Input connectors are both 1/4" jack sockets and an XLR socket, the latter meaning that the AR-133 can be used to convert unbalanced signals to a balanced output on XLRs throughout. The arched case allows cables to run back underneath the unit from the end for neat cable management. Input attenuation is 0, -20 or -40dB, making the box suitable for instrument, line or amplifier levels on inputs. On the output side, a ground-lift switch is provided for quick solutions to ground-loop problems.
The BSS AR-133 includes phantom power and battery supplies as standard. Should the phantom power from the console fail or be accidentally switched off, the AR-133 automatically switches over to the internal 9V battery providing uninterrupted use. This unit is housed in a rugged aluminum extrusion case, with robust polyurethane end-cheeks which give the AR-133 a very distinctive look.
- Switchable input
- 0dB for guitar-type
- -20dB for line level
- -40dB for speaker
- Matches the level and impedance
- with unity gain without
- loading the source
- Can drive signals up long cable
- Powered from console
- phantom power or internal
- Automatic switchover to battery
- if phantom power fails
- Parallel Link Jack output to feed
- amplifiers directly
- Parallel XLR input for
- converting unbalanced outputs
- to balanced lines
- Input Impedance
- 1MOhm (pad at 0dB)
- 47kOhm (pad at -20dB)
- 47kOhm (pad at -40dB)
- Max Input Level
- +9dBu (pad at 0dB)
- +29dBu (pad at -20dB)
- +49dBu (pad at -40dB)
- Two Parallel 1/4" jack connectors and a parallel XLR connector (unbalanced)
- Tip Hot (+ve)
- Sleeve Ground
- Pin 2 Hot (+ve)
- Pin 1 & 3 Ground
- Output: Transformer Balanced
- Max. Output Level: +8dBu into 600 ohms or greater
- Connector: XLR3-32 or equivalent
- Distortion (THD):
< 0.005% at 1kHz, 0dBu output
Noise: < -105dB unweighted, 22hz-22khz, rms*
Frequency Response: 30Hz to 20kHz, +0dB/-1dB
- Main/Standby battery: 9 volt PP3 type, preferably alkaline.
- Current drain: on phantom - less than 7.5mA, on battery - less than 2mA
- Phantom Power: +20 volts DC to +48 volts DC
- Weight: 650 gms, excluding batteries.
- Overall Dimensions: 59 mm x 124 mm x 143 mm (2.3" x 4.9" x 5.6")
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.