- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Burl Audio B1D Mic Pre
- Write a Review
- H85911 000000000 H85911000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
In terms of space-saving efficiency, convenience in access, and customization, 500 series channel strip design has become the industry standard for p...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Versatile pre for drums, guitar or vocals.
In terms of space-saving efficiency, convenience in access, and customization, 500 series channel strip design has become the industry standard for professional studios. Burl's offerings within this available marketplace are as clean and quiet as any manufacturer, but possess a fire and personality all their own. The B1D is among its most scrumptious products.
Based on the API 500 series form factor, the B1D was designed to compliment the B2 Bomber ADC. With the proprietary BX3 input transformer and BX2 output transformer, the B1D Mic Pre delivers warmth with depth and clarity. The B1D is the same as the B1 except that it has an all-iron BX4 output transformer giving it a more terrifying rock tone. An all-discrete transistor, class-A, direct coupled, capacitor free circuit path, gives the B1amazing punch on drums, beautiful tonality on guitars, and warmth with presence on vocals.
The B1 and B1D come complete with both Gain and Level controls. If you want that heavy, gainy tone, crank up the stepped gain control and offset that with the level control. If clean tone is your thing, turn the gain down and crank up the level. For ribbon mics and other low impedance sources, the B1 has a transformer coupled impedance select. The B1 was rigorously tested with the popular Royer R-121 in the low impedance setting, and sounds superb on guitar amps. The B1 gets the best out of any microphone, whether it be dynamic, condenser or ribbon.
Use the B1's 1/4" instrument/line input on the front panel, plug in, crank up the gain and go. The PAD switch allows for hot signals and balanced line inputs through the mic XLR on the back panel. Run your tracks or mixes through the B1 for warmth and glue. The B1 was designed to rock. Run multiple B1 channels for your rhythm tracks and you are there. Replace EQ and compression with true analog PHAT. Run your primary tracks through the B1 mic pre, follow with a B2 Bomber ADC and that's about all you will need.
- BURL custom BX3 input transformer
- BURL custom BX2 nickel ( B1) or BX4 iron ( B1D ) output transformer
- audiophile, discrete, class-A, direct-coupled, capacitor free circuit path
- stepped gain control
- independent output level control
- 70 dB gain
- impedance select
- 1/4" front panel DI input
- 30 dB pad for hot signals and balanced line level input
- phantom power
- phase reverse
- tri-colored gain level indication
- love and thunder
- Check with dealers for pricing
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.