Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Chandler Limited TG-2 Abbey Road Special-Edition Mic Preamptrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
A re-creation of the rare EMI TG12428 preamp used on EMI/Abbey Road recordings in the late '60s and early '70s.
This preamp features the same discrete transformer-balanced amplifiers as the TG series limiter and offers a creamy, smooth tone with a surprisingly open, clear top end (dare we say nicer than Neve?). The sound, as explained by many users, has the Neve "warmth" and punch, but with a "nicer" expanded top end. In fact, the unit does have a small rise in its top-end frequency response and some warmth-inducing distortion, which contributes to its sound.
Requires PSU-1 power supply (#187896) (sold separately).
The PSU-1 can power two Chandler Limited units. External power supplies ensure noise-free sound and lengthen component life since noise and heat shielding need not be built into the design of the preamp.
Jerry Finn (Blink 182,Green Day)
Andy Smith (Paul Simon)
Joe Barresi (Hole, Weezer)
John Merchant (Bee Gees)
Butch Vig (Nirvana, Garbage)
Michael Wagener (Ozzy, Metallica)
"Thanks for the support and for such a great pre/DI (TG2). My other pres have been feeling distinctly 'un-loved' since this baby arrived! After spending a week with the TG2, I now understand what all the talk has been about. The TG2 delivers the sound I have been searching for—a 'creamy' sounding mid- to high-frequency emphasis with punch."
- Anthony Lim
"I found the preamp's sound quality somewhere between an API 512 mic preamp and Neve's 1272 amplifier as used in the 1073 and 1084 modules. You'll find a whole new sonic world here: higher dynamic range than the Neve combined with API's 'harder, punchier' sound character. Doesn't disappoint with a wide-open sound."
- Barry Rudolph, Mix Magazine Feb. '03
"Just a quick (belated) note to say thank you for the TG2—wow! Spectacular sounding pre. I ran our bass player direct using the TG2 and the sound was amazing—crystal clear with full, deep low-frequency response. I'll be cutting vocal tracks with Barry tomorrow; I'm looking forward to hearing your pre with his U47."
- John Merchant, Engineer (Bee Gees)
"I wasn't really in the market for a new pre amp, but based on the quality of Chandler Limited's other products I asked for a demo unit. I have an assortment of what I considered to be the best mic pres ever made, but the sound I heard coming through the TG2 absolutely floored me. I bought the demo unit and ordered another two channels as well (this within one hour of first plugging it in). It has become my first choice for almost every application and I can't imagine making a record without it."
- Jerry Finn, Producer (Green Day, Blink 182)
- Input Gain Control: Features a transformer-balanced input with 5–75dB of gain
- Output: Functioning as a console fader, this control is placed after the gain stage and before the output stage. This allows for trimming of the input signal between the 5dB steps on the input switch, as well as allowing the user to run the input very hot (for extra coloration) without distorting the recorder. In most cases this will be left in the full position
- Direct In: This is an unbalanced high impedance input for guitar, bass, samples etc. The switch bypasses the mic transformer and feeds directly to the amplifier. The naturally high impedance of the amp causes no loading. The DI switch on the front panel can also be used as a mute switch when using the rear panel mic input
- Phase reverse
- 48-volt phantom power
- Summing Option (on back panel): The signal is mixed from both preamps and is sent to the output of the second channel. You can now bypass your console using great sounding discrete circuits and maintain a minimal signal path
- Impedance: This allows for switching the input from 1,200 ohm to 300 ohm values to match any mic
- PSU-1 Power supply not included (sold separately).
The Chandler TG-2 nails the sound of '60s and '70s Abbey Road. Join the pros who use Chandler daily to make hits. Order yours today.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.