- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Cloud Cloudlifter CL-1 Mic Activator
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- H73309 000000000 H73309000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Cloud Microphones Cloudlifter CL-1 Mic Activator offers up to +25db of ultra-clean gain, for passive microphones, inline using phantom power.Ther...Click To Read More About This Product
Phantom-powered gain booster for low-output dynamic and ribbon mics.
The Cloud Microphones Cloudlifter CL-1 Mic Activator offers up to +25db of ultra-clean gain, for passive microphones, inline using phantom power.
There are certain mics revered for their sound quality. Among them are passive ribbon mics, such as the Royer R121 (#581141 or MXL R40 (#H69305), and low-sensitibity dynamic mics, such as the Shure SM7B (#270247) and the Electro-Voice RE20 (#270009). But if your preamp doesn't have enough gain or the right impedance requirements, these mics won't perform well. So what do you do if you can't afford a high-end preamp with tons of gain? The Cloud Microphones Cloudlifter CL-1 Mic Activator is the solution.
The Cloudlifters address problems due to gain and impedance requirments by giving passive microphone signals a major inline boost, up to +25db of ultra-clean gain, while properly loading the microphones' transformer for transparent operation. The Cloudlifter CL-1 is self contained, driven only by the phantom power from your mixer or preamp. Ideal for dynamics and ribbons alike, the CL-1 turns phantom power into the extra gain required for using passive microphones. The immediate dose of extra gain can make even a budget microphone/preamp combination sound clean and professional. For broadcasting and live sound, the active output signal of the CL-1 can prevent added noise over long cable runs. With endless uses, Cloudlifters are quickly becoming a standard addition to professional, project and home studios.
Read what the pros are saying about the Cloudlifter:
"It's simply about gain - the Cloudlifter is a clever and useful solution..." - Rob Tavaglione, Pro Audio Review February 2010
"The Cloudlifter is a winner. It solves problems some ribbon-mic owners don't even know they have. It does exactly what it claims to do, and does so well." - Matthew Mcglynn, Recording Hacks February 2010
- Gives passive microphones up to +25dB of ultra clean gain; no need to reinvest in an expensive, high-gain premap
- Self-contained, driven only by the phantom power from your mixer or preamp
- Active output signal prevents added noise over long cable runs
Get the performance you expect from your passive mics without having to reinvest in high-gain, low-noise preamps. Order a Cloudlifter CL-1 today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.