Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Cloud Cloudlifter-Z Microphone Activatortrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Impedance control and output control for microphones.
You get control over the input impedance (to get the best out of any microphone), and a variable output level (+12 to +24dB) so you can drive even the longest cable runs with ease. You even get a variable low-cut filter to clean up your signal before it sees your preamp. Whether you run live sound or just use a variety of mics on a daily basis in your studio, you'll love working with the CL-Z mic activator.
The Cloud Microphones CL-Z mic activator's input features variable impedance from 150 to 15k ohms. Since every microphone is different, and typically sound best at specific input impedances, you can tailor the CL-Z to any mic to get the best performance. And even if your preamp features variable impedance, the CL-Z lets you control this near your microphone.
Sometimes you need a little extra juice to get a quality mic signal to your preamp, especially with long cable runs. The Cloud Microphones CL-Z mic activator makes it easy, adding 12 to 24dB of gain to your signal, while the premium circuitry passes your audio uncolored. It is particularly useful for low-output ribbon and dynamic mics in your studio, and it's perfect for driving long cable runs from the stage to the board in live sound settings.
The CL-Z from Cloud Microphones is placed between your mic and preamp, giving you access to the additional gain and variable low-cut filter on the CL-Z. In your studio, that makes it easy to optimize your signal before it hits your preamp. Sure, your preamp may have a filter, and maybe even variable impedance, but in many studio layouts, it's across the room, or even in another room altogether. The CL-Z lets you dial the filter in and maximize your signal for a long cable run, meaning you'll be hitting your favorite preamp with the best signal possible.
- Maximizes your microphone's signal quality
- Impeccable sonic quality
- Get the best sound from any mic with the variable input impedance
- Low-cut filter variable from 20Hz-250Hz
- Great way to transparently increase the output of ribbon and dynamic mics
- Rugged steel enclosure for excellent shielding and reliability
- Requires +48V phantom power from your preamp
Order today and get the perfect input signal from anywhere in the studio.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.