- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Crown 180MAx XM Radio Tuner Mixer Amplifier
- Write a Review
- Product 481591
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The 180MAx is the first integrated tuner mixer-amplifier designed for commercial use. Applications include restaurants, retail stores, coffee shops a...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
The first integrated tuner mixer-amplifier designed for commercial use.
The 180MAx is the first integrated tuner mixer-amplifier designed for commercial use. Applications include restaurants, retail stores, coffee shops and other commercial establishments. Built into the 180MAx is an XM Radio tuner that receives satellite radio stations with digital sound quality. A front-panel LCD screen displays XM Radio channel data (channel number, channel name, artist name, song title), 16 station presets and signal strength.
The unit also accepts signals from line, telephone, or microphone (phantom power included). Bass and treble controls allow the user to tailor the tone quality of the sound system. The priority ducking feature drops the volume of the background music when a microphone is used. A VOX sensitivity setting controls how loud the voice must be before ducking occurs. Units can be linked to increase the number of input and output channels.
The built-in power amplifier provides 80 watts into 4-ohm and 25V/70V outputs for sound system loudspeakers. Current and thermal limiting protect the amplifier and loudpeakers from accidental overload.
- Ideal for commercial and industrial use
- 4 inputs (each with a volume control) and one 80W amplifier output channel
- Independent bass and treble controls for each input
- Balanced Phoenix-type mic/line inputs; touch-proof screw-terminal speaker outputs
- Programmable XM tuner with XM channel data display
- Priority ducking
- Music-On-Hold outputs
- Three-Year, no-fault, fully transferable warranty completely protects your investment and guarantees its specifications
- Frequency Reponse (at 1 watt from 4-ohm tap):
- 70 Hz to 19 kHz ±1 dB.
- Frequency Response (at line out): 20Hz to 20kHz ±1 dB.
- Power Bandwidth (at 4-ohm tap, 2 dB below
- maxium 1 kHz power): 50 Hz to 20 kHz with < 0.5% THD
Signal to Noise Ratio (ref. to rated power, master volume at minimum): 85dB
- DC Output Offset: < ±5 mV
THD: Less than 0.5% at rated power at 1 kHz.
- Input Sensitivity (for full output at maximum gain):
- Balanced mic inputs: 3mV
- Balanced line inputs: 800mV
- RCA connectors: 400mV
- Isolated telephone input: 75 mV
- Input Impedance (nominal):
- Mic: 400 ohms
- Line: 100 kilohms
- RCA: 50 kilohms
- Telephone: 600 ohms
- Crosstalk: ”70dB at 1kHz
- Line Output Level (nominal): 1V into 10 kilohms
- Phantom Power: 15 VDC
- AC Line Voltages Available: 120V, 60 Hz. Line voltage tolerance +10%, ”20%
- Operating Temperature/Humidity: 0 C to 40 C at 95% relative humidity (non-condensing).
- Storage Temperature: ”20 C to 85 C.
- Front Panel Controls and Indicators
- Power Switch: Pushbutton on-off switch
- Input Volume Controls: Four detented potentiometers with knobs
- Input 1: Microphone/line (switchable)/telephone
- Inputs 2 and 3: Line
- Input 4: XM radio
- Tone Controls: Bass and Treble non-detented recessed potentiometers on each input channel
- Bass ±10dB at 100Hz, Treble ±10dB at 10kHz
- XM Tuner Menu Button: Selects Direct, Preset, or
- Category mode.
- XM Tuner Category Buttons: Scrolls through categories (rock, classical, news, country, etc)
- XM Tuner Scroll Knob: Lets you scroll through
- channels and select them.
- XM Tuner Display: LCD screen displays XM channel data (channel number, channel name, artist name, song title), 16 station presets and signal
- Power Indicator: Blue LED indicates power on
- Input Signal Presence Indicator: Green LED illuminates when input signal exceeds ”24 dBu (line) or ”70 dBu (mic)
- Output Signal Presence Indicator: Green LED, illuminates when output signal level exceeds 100mV (45dB below full power) from the 4-ohm tap
- Clip Indicator: Red LED on output illuminates at threshold of audible distortion.
- Output Volume Control: Detented potentiometer
- with knob
- Back Panel Controls, Connectors and Indicators
- Reset Switch: Resets the circuit breaker that protects the power supply
- MOH 1V Level Control: Trim pot adjusts level for Music-On-Hold 1V output
- MOH 1W Level Control: Trim pot adjusts level for Music-On-hold 1W output
- MOH Signal Presence Indicator: Flashes when MOH signal is present
- MOH Source Switch: Switches between Input 3 or XM, and routes the source to MOH 1V Line Out and MOH 1W connectors
- MOH 1W Select Switch: Feeds 1W MOH signal either to amplifier output or internal speaker
- MOH 1V Line Output RCA Connectors: Two RCA connectors (mono) for 1-volt output (in parallel with 600-ohm connectors, so they are isolated)
- MOH 1W Line Output Connector: 3-pin Phoenix connector provides Music-On-Hold signal of approximately 1 watt
- 1 kHz
- Minimum guaranteed power
- into 4 ohms or 25V/70V output
- *1 kHz Power: refers to maximum power in watts at
- 1 kHz with 0.5% THD.
- MOH 1V Line Output Phoenix Connector: 3-pin Phoenix connector, 600-ohm transformer-isolated output, provides music-on-hold signal of approximately 1 volt.
- Phantom Power Switch: Turns phantom power on or off for Input 1
- Mic/line Switch: Selects mic-level or line-level signal for Input 1
- Link In/Out Switch: Slide switch. When set to IN, any signal applied to the Amp Input connector will be mixed with the input signal(s); when set to OUT, only the signal from the Amp Input Connector will appear at the amplifier output.
- Amplifier Output Connectors: 4-position terminal strip with COM (Common), 4 ohms, 25V and 70V terminals. Accepts up to 10 AWG crimp-on terminal forks Non-touch cover included
- XM Radio Stereo Line Out Connector: Dual RCA jacks for stereo music out from XM Radio tuner
- Preamp Line Out Connector: 3-pin balanced
- Phoenix-type connector: Post master, pre-VCA
- Level controlled by master volume control
- Output VCA Connector: 3-pin Phoenix-type connector for two VCA control lines of +10 VDC and ground
- Compatible with Crown 1-VCAP module
- Priority Connector: 3-pin Phoenix-type connector for push-to-talk mic switch. Contact closure activates ducking. Ducking does not affect Music-
- On-Hold outputs or XM stereo line out
- Active Indicator: LED illuminates when VOX ducking is active
- VOX Threshold: Trim pot adjusts how loud the voice must be before ducking occurs
- Can be set for no ducking
- Priority Release Control: Trim pot adjusts release time of VOX ducking
- Mic/Line Input Connector (Input 1 only): 3-pin
- Phoenix-type, balanced.
- Line Input Connectors (Inputs 2 and 3 only): 3-pin Phoenix-type, balanced
- Dual RCA Input Connector: For stereo music signals, unbalanced, summed together, two connectors per input for inputs 1, 2 and 3
- TEL Input Connector: Transformer-isolated 600-ohm input, summed into Input 1 for paging from a telephone system
- Amp Input Connector: 3-pin Phoenix-type, high-impedance balanced. Used to link an additional mixer to the mixer-amplifier. Can be used to con-
- nect an external processor.
- AC Power Inlet: Detachable IEC.
- XM Radio Antenna Input: Connects to the XM antenna cable.
- Convection cooled
- Current Limit Protection: Included
- Thermal Limit Protection: Over-temperature thermal cutout
- DC-Fault Load Protection: Included
- Included Accessories
- Power cord
- Detachable rack ears
- Screws for rack ears
- Non-touch cover for output connectors
- Phoenix-type connectors
- Spade lugs
- XM antenna
- Remote control
- Crown offers a Three-Year, no-fault, fully transferable warranty for every new Crown tuner-mixer-amplifier
- Optional Accessories
- 1-VCAP remote volume control
- Width (without rack ears): 17.3 in. (43.8 cm).
- Width (with rack ears): EIA Standard 19 in. W (EIA
- Height (front panel): 3.5 in. (8.9 cm).
- Height (including feet): 4.1 in. (10.5 cm).
- Depth (front panel to back panel): 12.2 (31.0
- Depth (front of knobs to back of non-touch cover): 13.9 in.
- Net Weight:
- 20 lb (9.07 kg).