- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Daking FET III Stereo Compressor
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 583979 000000000 583979000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The dual channel Daking FET III compressor limiter from Geoff Daking is built in the US with the same audio path and detector circuits as their high...Click To Read More About This Product
A dual channel class A limiter with superior sound and improved user control.
The dual channel Daking FET III compressor limiter from Geoff Daking is built in the US with the same audio path and detector circuits as their highly successful single channel Daking FET II limiter. The FET III compressor circuitry and gain stages are all discrete and fully Class "A" with sound quality that will be at the very top of the scale. Our previous single channel FET II was known for its speed, high performance and its unique ability to sound great on an extraordinary variety of sources. The Daking FET III will equal this benchmark plus add several unique features to improve user control. The differences are as follows:
The Daking compressor's variable High Pass Filters from 0 to 200Hz are added to the detector stage of each limiter channel to improve and customize limiter behavior. The HPF's tell the limiter NOT to trigger limiting based on content below the set HPF frequency. This is extremely helpful on bass heavy material. This greatly widens the audio compressor's potential application set and the ability of the user to set this new behavior "on the fly".
Variable linking between channels is envisioned for use when compressing two different tracks, such as bass and kick, to tie limiter action together to greater or lesser degrees. The compressor's Stereo Link is continuously variable from 0 to ?.
All controls except "Ratio" are pots. The variable pots add the ability to fine tune behaviors in the studio. Mastering engineers may prefer the repeatability of switches, such as those on the FET II, which will continue in the Daking compressor line.
The FET II's relied on control voltage summing for the stereo linking. Because the Daking FET III stereo compressor is two independent units in one box, it uses audio summing, which is much more accurate.
The Daking FET III compressor uses THAT CORP differential amps in and out (electronically balanced). The FET II has transformers in and out but they are 1:1 input to output so they do not "color" the sound. (A mic input transformer at 1:10 ratio in a mic pre would color the sound significantly.) The common mode rejection in Daking FET III compressor is equal to that of FET II. The FET III output level is +24 while the FET II can be as high as +30.
The FET III and FET II both use an outboard power supply.
The unit is fully RoHs compliant.
- Ultra-flexible and easy to use
- Fast transparent compression
- Variable filter in the detector circuit
- High headroom +24 In and Out
- Easy to read illuminated VU meters
- Continuously variable stereo linking
- Attack 250uS to 64MS
- Release .5 Sec to auto dual time constant
- Ratios from 1.5:1 to 20:1
Order a world-class limiter today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.