Why Shop With Us?
Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
We're Here for You
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Daking FET III Stereo Compressortrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Daking FET III Stereo Compressor$1,849.00
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
A dual channel class A limiter with superior sound and improved user control.
The Daking compressor's variable High Pass Filters from 0 to 200Hz are added to the detector stage of each limiter channel to improve and customize limiter behavior. The HPF's tell the limiter NOT to trigger limiting based on content below the set HPF frequency. This is extremely helpful on bass heavy material. This greatly widens the audio compressor's potential application set and the ability of the user to set this new behavior "on the fly".
Variable linking between channels is envisioned for use when compressing two different tracks, such as bass and kick, to tie limiter action together to greater or lesser degrees. The compressor's Stereo Link is continuously variable from 0 to ?.
All controls except "Ratio" are pots. The variable pots add the ability to fine tune behaviors in the studio. Mastering engineers may prefer the repeatability of switches, such as those on the FET II, which will continue in the Daking compressor line.
The FET II's relied on control voltage summing for the stereo linking. Because the Daking FET III stereo compressor is two independent units in one box, it uses audio summing, which is much more accurate.
The Daking FET III compressor uses THAT CORP differential amps in and out (electronically balanced). The FET II has transformers in and out but they are 1:1 input to output so they do not "color" the sound. (A mic input transformer at 1:10 ratio in a mic pre would color the sound significantly.) The common mode rejection in Daking FET III compressor is equal to that of FET II. The FET III output level is +24 while the FET II can be as high as +30.
The FET III and FET II both use an outboard power supply.
The unit is fully RoHs compliant.
- Ultra-flexible and easy to use
- Fast transparent compression
- Variable filter in the detector circuit
- High headroom +24 In and Out
- Easy to read illuminated VU meters
- Continuously variable stereo linking
- Attack 250uS to 64MS
- Release .5 Sec to auto dual time constant
- Ratios from 1.5:1 to 20:1
Order a world-class limiter today!
- Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.