- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Dangerous Music CONVERT-AD+ Stereo A/D Converter
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- K47810 000000000 K47810000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
With CONVERT-AD+, Dangerous music introduces an advanced stereo analog-to-digital converter with five unique innovative features: switchable dual inp...Click To Read More About This Product
A unique analog-to-digital converter with innovative features.
With CONVERT-AD+, Dangerous music introduces an advanced stereo analog-to-digital converter with five unique innovative features: switchable dual inputs, proprietary clip guard technology, zoomable meters, switchable transformers and emphasis control. The result is a box that delivers a bold three-dimensional sound free of unwanted artifacts.
Innovation #1—Switchable Dual Inputs
Simple, elegant, intelligent. With the push of a button, you can switch between any two balanced line input sources. With zero fuss, you can instantly compare different mastering chains, test your mix against a reference, or to switch between recording and mixing mode—or use the inputs in any configuration you dream up. From the largest mix rooms, to elite mastering suites, to your home studio, the switchable inputs on the CONVERT-AD+ is about to make everyone’s life a lot easier.
Innovation #2—Proprietary Clip Guard Technology
The CONVERT-AD+ employs a proprietary technology that simply removes all clipping from your digital prints, but it never changes the sound—even when you’re clipping the converter on purpose for tonal artifacts. Today’s digital playback platforms (iTunes, Spotify, etc.) have filters (like highway cops) that scan for clipped masters and reject and/or attenuate them. Now you can clip your A-D converter to your heart’s content and never face the consequences.
Innovation #3—Zoomable Meters
In most circumstances, the dynamics of a mix or master reside in the zone between the average and the peak levels. With our meter zooming technology, you can zoom in on just the top 10dB of dynamic activity, allowing you a fine-grained look at what matters most when mixing and mastering. An incredibly helpful tool for the nuanced crafting of dynamics, you’ll soon wonder how you ever lived without zoomable meters.
Innovation #4—Switchable Transformers
It’s no secret that a pair of transformers at the end of a mixing or mastering chain can give your final prints added heft, character and articulation. With the CONVERT-AD+, just push a button and you’ve got a pair of Hammond transformers wired in series, ready to do that magic that transformers do. Hammond is a Canadian company with over 100 years of transformer design, and our circuit brings out all the bold colors.
Innovation #5—Emphasis Control
Analog designer Chris Muth leveraged his deep and esoteric knowledge of what engineers love and turned it into a simple and effective tool. When the transformers are switched in, the Emphasis kicks in a proprietary EQ/compression combo that brings a whole pallet of different colors to your mixing, mastering, and tracking work. Simply dial in the right amount, or none at all, until the smiles in the room get wider. In most cases, you’ll notice a stronger low-end footprint and a gentle saturation on the mids and highs. The more you play with it, the more you’ll learn how Emphasis can improve your music.
- Selectable Calibration Level cycles for compatibility with other devices
- Toggle between two discrete, selectable stereo inputs with two switchable stereo input paths
- Clip Guard will turn off the red light LED at your destination
- Premium custom crafted digital meter with Normal and Peak Hold modes
- Zoom lets you view only the top 10dB of your signal level, for a finer, magnified resolution
- Word Clock with three Modes: Internal, External and Master
- Comprehensive I/O: Two switchable stereo input paths, Dual AES Outputs, ADAT Optical Output, SPDIF Optical Output, SPDIF COAX output
Convert your analog audio into transparent, musical digital audio. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.