- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Dangerous Music MONITOR SR 5.1 Expansion To Monitor ST
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- H78440 000000000 H78440000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Dangerous Monitor SR is the companion expansion module for the Monitor ST (#H78436), adding full 5.1 capability. The Monitor SR can be configured...Click To Read More About This Product
Add full 5.1 surround capability to the Dangerous Monitor ST.
The Dangerous Monitor SR is the companion expansion module for the Monitor ST (#H78436), adding full 5.1 capability. The Monitor SR can be configured for 7.1, 91. 10.2 and other extended surround formats. (The Monitor ST is a transparent input source switcher, speaker switcher, cue system, talkback system, headphone amplifier all controlled via remote.) Requires the Monitor ST.
Any surround recording or mastering rig should be upgraded with transparent monitoring and control. Think DAWs like: Digidesign, Apogee, Lynx, RME, Prism, Lavry, Benchmark¦ and reference monitors like: Dynaudio, Focal, Genelec, JBL, Tannoy¦
Perfect solution for home to commercial recording, post-production and mastering facilities. Bundle it with any surround recording interface, converter or monitors of choice.
Would you drive with a bucket of paint dumped on your windshield? Why monitor with band-pass filtering circuitry? The Monitor SR (with ST) provides mastering quality, transparent 5.1 monitoring via the worlds sexiest lossless remote control. Remember: The monitor path is the single-most important element in any studio. Every decision from mic placement to mastering is made based on what level of detail this component reveals. Do not cut corners here.
¢ Pair of ribbon cables to link the SR and ST together
¢ 1 shielded CAT5 cable for remote link
¢ Mastering grade components
¢ External power supply, cable
The Dangerous Music Legacy:
œAudio Integrity: non-negotiable. This is the credo upon which Dangerous Music is founded. Conceived and designed by end users”not by engineers in lab coats--the results are products that resurrect dynamic range, punch, intelligibility, and emotion. These high-fidelity, uncompromised signal paths are achieved by harnessing over 20 years of Chris Muths design wizardry; creator of infamous custom black boxes for world class facilities like Hit Factory, Masterdisk, Absolute Audio, and Sterling Sound Mastering. Then the critical listening skills of golden-eared luminaries are applied, with the result being musical tools that fulfill the actual needs of todays flexible DAW-based studio.
Audio Transparency: A virgin canvas for painting sonic landscapes utilizing your own personal arsenal of plug-ins and outboard gear.
DC-Coupled: No transformers that color your sound or filter caps that smear stereo. Instead, DC coupling with massive voltage rails and Mogami point to point wiring for simple, electronic elegance. Bandwidth from DC to light.
Hand-Assembled In USA: Avoids 6,000 miles of oceanic circuit board rattling, while keeping Americans employed.
Stringent Quality Control: An exceptionally low failure rate keeps you in the studio mixing, not at the UPS store shipping repairs.
Warranty: 2 years, because its built to last a lifetime.
- Analog stepped-attenuator volume control (hear those cool clicks?) “ pristine, accurate and repeatable. Shortcutting with DCA' or VCA' is cheaper, but sacrifices imaging and chokes the sound
- 4 input sources: Switch between your DAW outputs, DVD player, CD player, tape machines, etc¦
- 3 speaker outputs: Switch between up to 3 sets of monitors
- Programmable input gain offsets: Adjust for and store level offsets for different source devices
- Input-level compensation for “10dBV & +4dBu sources: Instantly adjust and store gain compensation for consumer devices (i.e. iPod or Mac out)
- Input 4 has continuously variable level offset: Compensate for commercial CD levels and perform true A/B comparisons. Don™t let œlouder is better fool you
- Programmable output level offsets: Fine-tune and store offsets to achieve equal apparent loudness on all your control room speakers- SR unit has continually variable level trims for L-R rear, center and LFE
- Assignable subwoofer output: Choose and store which sets of speakers to use with a sub
- Programmable subwoofer level offset: Adjust and store subwoofer levels, easily alternate between sub function and LFE function
- Selectable subwoofer filtering: Select and store subwoofer filter options for each set of speakers. Switch between full bandwidth for surround mixing and bottom octave only for stereo work
- Comprehensive speaker Mute and Solo: Easily mute and solo speakers in any combination
- Flexible stereo cue system with main and auxiliary inputs
- Make your performers happy with a great headphone mix or use the aux input as a Beep channel to monitor computer alert tones or click tracks on the main speakers
- Onboard cue power amp: 40 watts of loud clarity for headphone monitoring
- Talkback system with dual control and dedicated slate output: Give the producer his own talkback button! Easily slate tracks, or send the slate output to a powered speaker for open-air talkback
- SR unit has selected source output: Send source signals to meters or any other external device. You will hear the difference!
- Real World Application: Born out of necessity. Designed, tested and utilized by the industry' most critical listeners
- Hand Assembled in USA: Avoids 6,000 miles of oceanic circuit board rattling, while keeping Americans employed
- Stringent Quality Control: An unabashedly microscopic failure rate keeps you in the studio mixing, not at the UPS store shipping repairs
- DC Coupled: No transformers that color your sound or filter caps that smear stereo. Instead, DC coupling with massive voltage rails and Mogami point to point wiring for simple, electronic elegance
- Mastering Grade Components: Designed to mastering standards with mastering-grade components, tested to draconian tolerances, breathes the analog soul back to life for stunning imaging, headroom, punch and detail
- Warranty: 2 years, because it' built to last a lifetime
The monitor path is the single-most important element in any studio. Do not cut corners here. Order a Dangerous Monitor SR today.
- Gain Tracking Accuracy: better than 0.02dB for 6 channels
- THD+N: 0.002%
- IMD: 0.003%
- Frequency Response: 1Hz-100kHz -0.1dB
- Crosstalk Rejection: > 96dB
- Nominal Input Level: +4dBu or “10dBV
- Max Input Level: > +25dBu
- Warranty: 2 years parts and labor, subject to inspection. Does not include damage incurred through abusive operation or modifications/attempted repair by unauthorized technicians.
- DIMS Boxed: 22"(L) x 17"(W) x 10" (H)
- Weight: 16 lb.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.