Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Denon DJ Prime 2 Standalone 2-Channel DJ Controllertrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Denon DJ Prime 2 Standalone 2-Channel DJ Controller
Frequently bought together
- Free Shipping
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
With Wi-Fi connectivity and a 7" touchscreen.
Prime 2's 7" touchscreen gives you a high-definition, multi-gesture experience, just like using a smartphone or tablet. Navigate your collection, finger-swipe to load tracks, instantly search through large music libraries and even rearrange your playlists and songs easily just on the screen itself. Change things up by flipping your waveform playback view from vertical to horizontal and also select and monitor a number of other essential DJ work ow features at the touch of a finger. Via the touchscreen you can also access Prime 2's Track Preview feature, for pre-load auditioning of a song and needle-drop searching through its timeline.
Access and play your digital music via the 3 x USB and 1 x SD inputs and even large terabyte music collections using Prime 2's built-in internal 2.5" HDD bay. Want to record your DJ set for an important gig? No problem—Prime 2 has you covered, able to record directly to any connected media source, even the one you’re playing from. Any changes to track hot-cues, loops and performance preferences are also saved to your source media drive for instant recall at a later gig.
Using your mobile data or either a venue’s Wi-Fi or wired internet connection, you can stream music from TIDAL with its catalog of over 60+ million songs just using Prime 2 and with no laptop needed. Never be caught out again for that elusive song request
Prime 2 features Denon DJ’s renowned 24-bit/48kHz pristine audio quality and enough pro-level connectivity to cover everything from a house party, a mobile gig, club or even mainstage event. Add Prime 2's StagelinQ connection into the mix and you’ll be ready for creating easy and dynamic lighting and video shows with SoundSwitch and Resolume control.
Prime 2 has all the creative, hands-on features and power you’ll need for any style of DJing. It features two 100 mm line faders, a contour-controlled crossfader and 6" capacitive touch jog wheels with HD color displays. Each center on-jog display shows track artwork and critical track information. With filter control and expressive 3-band EQ, you can shape and blend your mix to sonic perfection then take the music into another dimension using Prime 2's dual-FX modules, which are visualized on the main. With your media player, tablet or phone, add a third music source into your live show using Prime 2's dedicated RCA Auxiliary audio input.
The Denon DJ Prime 2 controller features eight tactile trigger pads per channel. These ultraresponsive pads let you actuate hot cues, loops, beat roll and slicing. A class-leading timestretch and key shift/sync feature lets you radically change a song's tempo and musical key. This feature makes open-format DJ sets a lot more exciting, and easier to accomplish.
Thanks to two independent level-controlled microphone channels, you won’t have to sacrifice either of your line level faders at events where you’re using microphones. Each mic channel features XLR/TRS 1/4" combo inputs. Double-up with a dedicated emcee or bring that enthusiastic bride or party animal into the show with the handy talk-over feature. Prime 2 has both a mini and full-size headphone jack input too.
Prime 2 has Denon DJ's ENGINE OS under the hood to take care of lightning-fast operations during your DJ performance. With continuous firmware upgrades keeping you empowered with the newest, forward-thinking features, ENGINE OS will keep your music flowing expressively. ENGINE PRIME librarian software (Mac/PC) is your music library and set preparation tool which syncs your other music collections, including iTunes, Serato DJ, Traktor and rekordbox. Using just Prime 2, you can also import a full rekordbox collection direct from a media source, internally analyzed (including playlists, hot cues and loops) within the unit itself—all without a laptop.
Latest Firmware features
• Engine Lighting by SoundSwitch: With built-in lighting, Engine OS devices automatically sync music with DMX and Philips Hue lights all from the unit itself. Engine Lighting offers a dedicated user interface allowing users to control Autoloops, light intensity and perform various color and movement override FX all from the touchscreen. Engine Lighting also offers two modes "Basic" and "Pro" to give the best experience based on user skill level or light configuration.
• Ableton Link Compatibility: Users can now sync tempo with external hardware using Ableton Link over both wired and wireless networks. Once Ableton Link has been enabled, an orange link icon will be shown in the top right of the toolbar providing the number of linked devices, sync lead tempo and phase meter showing the current beat position. When synced, the tempo will match the tempo of the longest playing device. The lead tempo can be adjusted from any device and all other linked devices will automatically follow.
• New Playlists: Playlist and Crates are now combined into a single comprehensive list (Playlists), taking along with it the best aspects of both list types.
• New Database: The database in 2.0 has been completely rebuilt to provide accelerated browsing, lightning-fast song analysis, enhanced system stability, and a significantly smaller database size. These new under the hood adjustments offer the user a streamlined experience when managing, browsing and playing the music they love.
• New Control Center Menu: The new swipe-down Control Center menu has been unified across all Engine OS products offering a more intuitive layout and improved workflow over various performance and device-specific settings.
• Playlist Deck: Users can now assign a deck as a Playlist Player providing continuous playback with automated crossfading. The crossfade time can be adjusted in the Control Center settings menu. Playlist Deck is available for Prime 4, Prime 2 and Prime GO.
• New Onboard Clock: The new onboard clock offers automatic time zone syncing and aids in providing detailed History lists with the played track start time.
• Track list Size Button: Added the ability for all Engine OS devices to increase the browse view. This allows more Playlists and tracks to be shown on the screen at once.
• New Demo Tracks: These new tracks assist users in sound checks and in-store demos. Demo tracks are removed once a source has been selected and can be disabled from the User Profile Preferences.
• TONS of improvements and fixes.
- 2-channel mixer and 6″ capacitive jog wheels
- 7″ multi-gesture touchscreen interface
- Built-in Wi-Fi and wired internet connectivity
- 24-bit/48kHz audio quality
Step into the future of DJing—order today.
Prime 2 Standalone 2-Channel DJ Controller Specifications:General
- Channels: 2
- Bit resolution: 24-bit
- Sampling rate: 48kHz
- Frequency response: 20Hz–20kHz
- Phono inputs: No
- CD/Line inputs: 2 (RCA stereo)
- Mic inputs 2
- USB ports: 3
- Booth out: 2 (XLR)
- Master out: 2 XLR, 2 RCA
- Displays: 7" capacitive
- Jog wheels: Yes
- Touch strip Yes (touchscreen)
- Mixer: 2-channel/2-deck
- Filter control: Yes
- Built-in FX: Yes
- Trigger pads 16 velocity sensitive
- Loop recorder: Yes
- DJ software: ENGINE OS
- Width: 25.39"
- Height: 4.73"
- Depth: 16.15"
- Weight: 15.9 lb.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.