- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Direct Sound EX-29 Extreme Isolation Headphones
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 241218 000001000 241218000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Direct Sound Extreme Isolation Headphones are used by Terry Bozzio, Shawn Drover of Megadeth, and they're Blue Man group approved. The Direct Sound E...Click To Read More About This Product
Hear what you need to hear clearly without ear-damaging levels or outside distractions.
Direct Sound Extreme Isolation Headphones are used by Terry Bozzio, Shawn Drover of Megadeth, and they're Blue Man group approved. The Direct Sound EX-29 headphones let drummers hear both mix and acoustic drums clearly at ear-saving levels. Now drummers can record "live" drums right next to their mixers; Front-Of-House engineers can monitor comfortably during live performances; studio musicians can finally hear the cue mix over loud instruments; engineers can use them for mic placement, and DJ's can isolate one ear and hear both CD and loudspeakers clearly for beat mixing.
What makes Direct Sound EX-29 sound isolation headphones so extreme? Specially designed earmuffs passively attenuate surrounding sound by a comfortable average of 28 decibels throughout the sound spectrum. With custom-fitted speaker assembly, the speakers are designed to protect your eardrums from damage and improve your recording and performance experience.
A frequency range of 20Hz-20kHz and advanced an-isotropic magnet drivers offer superior fidelity and sensitivity. Direct Sound EX-29 Extreme headphones fold for easy storage. Convenient dual cords are worn behind the head, which prevents them from interfering with your hands or instruments.
Not just for drummers, Direct Extreme Isolation Headphones are great for project studios, stage and studio musicians, sound engineers or for solitude at home.
- Type: Dynamic closed back speaker within a Closed Back Isolation Chamber.
- Frequency Response: 20 - 20,000 hz
- Drivers: 40 mm super high fidelity
- Impedance: 32 ohms
- Sensitivity: 114db at 1KHZ 1mW
- Cord: 9 feet
- Plug: stereo 3.5mm with screw-on type gold plated 1/4" adapter
- Rated Input Power: 500mW
- Maximum Input Power: max 1W
- Weight: 11.5 oz.
Save yourself time and the frustration of stopping to listen to takes and retakes in the control room while protecting your ears.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.