- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
DPA Microphones 4011A Cardioid Microphone
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J14598 000000000 J14598000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The DPA 4011 has been a favorite of live and studio audio engineers for decades. It is notoriously frank, capturing with phenomenal accuracy every nu...Click To Read More About This Product
An improved classic.
The DPA 4011 has been a favorite of live and studio audio engineers for decades. It is notoriously frank, capturing with phenomenal accuracy every nuance present in the signal it is capturing. It has a massive maximum SPL, making it ideal for close-miking and other high volume applications. The DPA 4011A is an upgrade of the legendary cardioid condenser. State-of-the-art components and DPA's signature craftsmanship combine to provide optimal neutrality, accuracy, and extremely low distortion.
Pure linear cardioid
The principal appeal of the 4011A is its directional quality and attention to detail: everything sounds like the original. The first-order cardioid pickup pattern provides superb separation between sound sources when used as a spot mic on literally any style of live music, from rock ˜n' roll to opera. The 4011A is equally suitable for close-up work on acoustic guitar, grand piano, overheads, percussion, wind instruments and vocals as it is for spot-miking symphonies. It can handle incredibly high sound levels and even includes a 20 dB pad switch in the center of the XLR connector to attenuate the output of the microphone.
Hard case and clip included.
A flat on-axis frequency response and excellent phase response deliver a totally faithful reproduction of the original sound. The off-axis response is similarly smooth so that any leakage is an accurate reflection of the original, though attenuated according to the true first-order cardioid pickup pattern. The sensation of "being there" will always be more intense with the DPA 4011A than with any other cardioid. Chosen for its qualities as an all-around performer, the 4011A is a great, clean-sounding colorless mic. The variety of applications is as wide as the imagination of the user.
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Max SPL: 159 dB
- Capsule: Condenser
- Pattern: Cardioid
- Type: Mounted
- Applications: Studio, stage, theatrical
- Phantom power required: Yes
- Length: 6.7 x "
- Weight: 5.6 oz.
- Case: Hard case
- Clip: Hard rubber
- Power supply: No
Accurate and colorless, the 4011A is truly superior for close miking and other high sound pressure level environments. Order now!
- Directional characteristics: Cardioid
- Principle of operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Frequency range, ±2 dB: 40 Hz to 20 kHz
- Sensitivity, nominal ±2 dB at 1 kHz: 10 mV/Pa; -40 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted, re. 20 Pa: Typ. 18 dB(A) re. 20 Pa (max. 20 dB)
- Equivalent noise level, ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 25 dB (correct with the attenuator in 0 dB or -20 dB setting)
- S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): Typ. 76 dB(A)
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): < 1 % up to 139 dB SPL peak
- Minimum load impedance: 2 kohm
- Dynamic range: Typ. 121 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 159 dB
- Switchable attenuator: 0 dB / -20 dB
- Output impedance: < 200 ohm
- Cable drive capability: 100 m (328 ft)
- Output balance principle: Impedance balancing with Active Drive
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (CMRR): > 60 dB
- Power supply (for full specifications): 48 V Phantom power (± 4 V)
- Current consumption: 2.8 mA
- Connector: XLR-3M. Pin 1: shield, Pin 2: signal + phase, Pin 3: - phase
- Color: Matte black
- Weight: 158 g (5.6 oz)
- Microphone diameter: 19 mm (0.75 in)
- Capsule diameter: 19 mm (0.75 in)
- Length: 170 mm (6.7 in)
- Output voltage, RMS: > 5 V
- Polarity: +V at Pin 2 for positive sound pressure
- Temperature range: -40 C to 45 C (14 F to 113 F)
- Relative Humidity (RH): Up to 90 %
- Matching tolerance: ± 1 dB
- Phase deviation for kit: < 10
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.