- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Drawmer DS404 Quad Noise Gate
- Write a Review
- 180389 000000000 180389000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The DS404 Quad Noise Gate has been designed to the highest specification to complement the DS201 Dual Noise Gate, acknowledged as the industry standa...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The DS404 Quad Noise Gate has been designed to the highest specification to complement the DS201 Dual Noise Gate, acknowledged as the industry standard gate throughout the world. Recognizing that there are many general gating applications which require equipment that is simple to operate and which occupies the minimum of rack space, Drawmer designed the DS404 Quad Noise Gate utilizing new and unique Program Adaptive circuitry. This makes the DS404 ideally suited for use over a wide range of input signals, ranging from drums and other percussive instruments through to vocals, pianos and even complete mixes. Facilities available on the DS404 include:
Frequency Sensitive. The provision of variable Low-Pass and High-Pass Filters allows without compromise frequency selective gating. The unit can be switched for either Internal or External Key source and the KEY LISTEN facility enables monitoring of the filter setting.
Hard/Soft Gating. Each channel of the DS404 can be operated as a HARD or SOFT gate, providing quite different characteristics. Two coloured LEDs clearly indicate mode status._In the HARD mode the DS404 offers ultra-fast response time, stable triggering with complete freedom from chatter around threshold and a specialized release contour which is ideally suited to drums and other percussive material._In the SOFT mode the DS404 becomes a versatile Expander capable of handling vocals and sub mixes. Drawmer's unique 'Programme Adaptive' circuitry is used to optimise the attack time and ratio as well has having some effect on the manual release setting . A more gentle release characteristic is utilized to complement the SOFT gate
Threshold. A fully variable threshold control provides a range from +20dB to -70dB.
Release Control. A fully variable release control is provided with release times from 10 ms to 5 sec to ensure that essential envelope control is not sacrificed in exchange for an economy in rack space.
Attenuation Range. The DS404 has switchable attenuation between 90dB and 20dB to allow for applications where a complete mute is not desired.
Chain Linking. Operating the LINK control switches the channel on the right to SLAVE operation, where its gating mode, threshold and envelope characteristics are controlled by the MASTER (left) channel. Any adjacent three channels or two stereo pairs can be linked in this way for use in any conceivable situation where linking may be required.
LED Displays. Drawmer's familiar tri-colour LED display is once again utilized as the optimum method for indicating the envelope status for each channel.
Input/Output. The DS404 is provided with balanced inputs and outputs on XLR connections.
- (All measurements rerence +4dBu operating level)
- INPUT IMPEDANCE: 20K ohm (balanced)
- KEY INPUT IMPEDANCE 20K Ohms(Unbalanced)
- MAXIMUM INPUT LEVEL: +21dBu
- MAXIMUM KEY INPUT LEVEL +21dBu
- OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: 50 Ohm (bal),
- MAXIMUM OUTPUT LEVEL: +21dBu
- BANDWIDTH: <10Hz to 22KHz -1dB
FLOOR LEVEL: -90dB, (or -20dB)
- ATTACK TIME Minimum Maximum
- Hard < 10S -_
Soft 100 mS 1 mS
- RELEASE TIME Minimum Maximum
- Hard 10 mS > 5 Sec
- Soft 100 mS 5 Sec
- NOISE AT UNITY GAIN:
- Wideband 22Hz - 22KHz CCIR ARM IEC A Q-Pk CCIR
- AV -91dB -97dB -97dB -100dB -86dB
- RMS -89dB -96dB - -99dB -
- DISTORTION: 100Hz 1KHz 10Khz
- Unity Gain, +4dBu input < 0.02% < 0.015% <0.035%
+14dBu input, 10dB Gain Red. < 0.3% < 0.1% < 0.1%
POWER REQUIREMENTS: 115Volt or 230Volt at 50-60Hz, 15 Watts
- FUSE RATING: 80mA for 230Volt, 160mA for 115Volt
- CONFORMING TO BS EN 60127-2:1991 SHEET III
- FUSE TYPE: 20mm x 5mm, Class 3 Slo-Blo, 250Volt working
- CASE SIZE: 482mm (w) x 44mm (h) x 175mm (d)
- WEIGHT: (incl packaging) 3.7 Kgs
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.