Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
The ultimate in preamp transparency.
The 1021 ZDT Zero Distortion Preamplifier is a half-rack single channel microphone preamp housed in a 1U rack. This discrete circuitry pre, designed by David Blackmer, establishes a new standard of sonic excellence in preamps of its type. This exacting new standard provides frequency response from 1Hz to 200kHz +0.5dB, a rise time of 0.27 microseconds and distortion of less than 1 part per million (0.0001%), eliminating all possibility of sonic degradation.
Take another look at those specifications. They seem nearly impossible. These preamps are so fast, so clean and so transparent that you don't even know they are there. It is like plugging your microphone into a "piece of wire with gain". You will hear clarity and detail with the ZDT preamps you've never heard in any other preamp.
- Zero Distortion - less than one part per million
- High output level +30dBu
- Very Low Output Impedance will drive long lines without interference or signal loss
- True 48 volt phantom, polarity reverse & clip indicator
- Separate XLR & 1/4" Phone (t-r-s) outputs, each with its own gain/level controls
- 1/4" Phone connector output will drive balanced or unbalanced inputs
- Lowest Noise of any preamp on the market
- All Discrete Components; Class A Amplification (No ICs in the signal path)
- No Electrolytic Capacitors in the signal path
- Greater Transparency with minimum signal path and minimum features
1024 Four Channel ZDT Preamp Specifications:
- Preamp Type: Solid State
- Number of Channels: 1
- Frequency Response: 2Hz to 100kHz ±0.1dB, 1Hz to 200kHz ±0.5dB
- Impulse Response: 1.4s
- Distortion: XLR out: less than 1ppm (0.0001%); 1/4" out: 0.001%
- Input Noise: 1.6nVHz½ at 20dB gain; 0.6nV/Hz½ at 60dB gain
- EIN: -132dBV at 20dB gain; -143dBV at 60dB gain
- Slew Rate: 22V/s
- Output DC Offset: ±1 mV typical, servo balanced
- Power Requirement: 120V AC (100V and 200-240V versions available)
- Input: 1 XLR Female balanced transformerless
- Input Impedance: 10KÎ phantom on, 100KÎ phantom off
- Outputs: 1 XLR Male balanced transformerless (stepped)
- 1 ¼" TRS XLR Fem. balanced transformerless (variable)
- Dimensions: Half rack space 1.75" x 8.75" x 10.375"
- Weight: 4 lb. (1.8kg)
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.