Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Earthworks PM40T Touring PianoMic Systemtrue true
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
An easier solution to miking acoustic pianos.
The PianoMic System was designed to revolutionize piano miking and achieve an incredible improvement in piano sound for live and recording applications with no mic stands or booms. There is more gain before feedback, significantly less leakage from surrounding instruments and the same pristine sound quality with the piano lid either up or down. At the heart of the system are two Random Incidence, omnidirectional, 40 kHz High Definition Microphones. With a frequency response of 9 Hz to 40 kHz, the mics deliver extraordinary impulse response and extremely short diaphragm settling times. In addition, the microphones exhibit no proximity effect, regardless of their distance from the piano strings or soundboard. The mics, when positioned close to the sound source, also provide incredible gain before feedback.
- Touring Model
- Cannot be seen from outside of the piano (needs no stands or mic booms)
- Superb sound with the piano lid either up or down
- Virtually no leakage from sounds outside the piano
- Incredible gain before feedback
- Record piano while tracking other instruments in the same room
- Handles sound pressure levels up to 148dB
- Quick, simple and easy setup
- 40kHz Random Incidence Omnis
- Hear the full range of the piano including the high and low strings with no hot spots
- Telescoping bar is quickly and easily installed in nearly all grand pianos
One of the most effective ways to mic an acoustic piano.
PM40T Touring PianoMic System Specifications:
- Frequency Response: 9Hz to 40kHz
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional (random incidence)
- Sensitivity: 15mV/Pa (-36dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 48V Phantom, 10mA
- Max Acoustic Input: 148dB SPL
- Output: XLR-3 (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 100Î, balanced (50Î ea. pin 2 & 3)
- Min Output Load: 600Î between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 22dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- 24.5dB SPL equivalent (Unweighted)
- Mic Gooseneck Length: 4.75 inches
- Dimensions: 64³ fully extended, 46³ fully collapsed
- Weight: Mic Assembly .75 lb. (350g)
- With External Electronics Box 1.5 lb. (700g)
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.