- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Electro-Voice RE16 Supercardioid Handheld Dynamic Microphone
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #271224 000000000 271224000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Electro-Voice RE16 microphone is a Variable-D dynamic supercardioid mic designed for the most exacting professional use. The blast filter, an int...Click To Read More About This Product
Designed for demanding speech applications.
The Electro-Voice RE16 microphone is a Variable-D dynamic supercardioid mic designed for the most exacting professional use. The blast filter, an integral part of the EV RE16 mic, permits handheld and outdoor use without "P-pops" or excessive wind noise. Utilizing the Variable-D design the RE16 mic features a directional characteristic independent of frequency. The result is a microphone that generates little off-axis coloration while providing the greatest rejection of unwanted sounds. A supercardioid mic, the Electro-Voice RE16 provides its greatest rejection at 150 off-axis. (Supercardioid microphones provide greatest rejection in the horizontal plane when the microphone is tilted in its most natural position 30 from horizontal, as on a boom or floor stand.)
An easily operated "bass tilt" switch on the RE16 mic corrects spectrum balance for boom use and other longer-reach situations. A hum-bucking coil and screw-machined steel outer casing provides 25 dB of hum rejection. Hum pickup level is -125 dBm (re: .001 gauss field). Using the mechanical nesting concept of design, by means of which the internal transducer parts are nested one within another, the RE16 transducer is a nearly solid mechanical structure that is highly resistant to damage from mechanical shock. The Memraflex grille screen resists deformation. The exclusive nonmetallic Electro-Voice Acoustalloy diaphragm is virtually unaffected by extreme atmospheric conditions. A carefully designed steel outer case provides additional mechanical protection. The finish is non-reflecting fawn beige.
- Reduced proximity effect
- Effective internal pop protection
- Little off-axis coloration
- Hum-bucking coil and steel case offer
- excellent hum rejections
- Bass roll-off switch
Designed for exacting professional use. Order today.
- Element: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Impedance, Low-Z balanced: 150 Ohms
- Connector Type: 3-pin XLR
- Mic Type: Handheld
- Wired/Wireless: Wired
- Finish: Fawn Beige
- Case Material: Steel
- Weight Net: 227 g ( 8.01 oz )
- Dimensions (Height X Max Diameter): 187 x 45 mm (7.36" x 1.77")
- Microphone Applications: Speech
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.